Flame shield sprite faces the wrong way sideways

cookiefonster

Wiki Admin
Look at the attached GIF, it shows what's wrong.

Attachments

• srb20009.gif
    srb20009.gif
    7.7 MB · Views: 198
Just tested this out in the Simple playstyle (where the thok and flame shield don't go in the direction of the camera) and the flame shield faces the same way the player is facing, so I think I get it now: the flame shield faces the opposite way in the Standard playstyle because it's going against the player's current direction to go where the camera is facing. I think it looks kind of weird and confusing, but changing that would probably require reworking the shield itself.

Last edited:
Yeah, the flame shield has some weird properties - unlike the thok, it doesn't completely reset your horizontal momentum, it just adds to it, and it adds less the faster you're already going. So, for example, if you're moving very quickly East, and do a flame dash North, the flame shield will aim North but you won't actually get much thrust out of it.

Shouldn't the sprite be pointed away from the camera, then?
It should be (and is) pointed in the same direction as the camera.

Due to perspective, if it's facing the same direction yet is placed off to the side, you'll see it from diagonally-behind, not just behind.

See the attached image below for a crude visual representation from a birds-eye view.

Attachments

• Derp.png
    Derp.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back