Callie Hedgie (CallieMacN) The Dessert Update

[Open Assets] Callie Hedgie (CallieMacN) The Dessert Update

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

CometAce

Hey, it's me, Goku!
It's Callie Hedgie! CallieMacN's blessed 1-second joke which grew in popularity!
She even made it into SRB2!

vGenq6t.png

Abilities:

attachment.php

Double Jump: It's a double jump, press Jump twice to perform a second jump, useful for platforming gone wrong or dodging an enemy attack.

Spindash: Just your usual spindash, not much to talk about.

attachment.php

attachment.php

NEW Milkshakes: Press Custom 1 to throw a Milkshake as a lob projectile, Spindash to place down milkshakes which can damage enemies by being touched. Turn Super and be able to throw milkshakes faster!

attachment.php

NEW Huggies: Press Custom 2 near a player or a follower bot to hug them! (Can be turned off/on with the command hedgiehugs on/off)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Misc, Stuff:

Callie Hedgie & Amy Rose Duo
attachment.php

Two pinkies team up to make the world a better place!

attachment.php

You can hold Spindash to make Amy use her Piko-Piko Hammer at the direction you're looking at. Release the Spindash a the right time to give yourself a Pity Shield, useful incase of emergencies.

Kirby Support:

attachment.php

Kirby can now inhale Callie Hedgie and get the Ice ability!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been holding this mod for a while now, i was kinda nervous of how the other people from the SRB2 community would think about the sprites and such, but now i finally got some courage! I hope you like this mod!

Changelog:

• v1.0 - Initial release

• v2.0 - Gave Callie Hedgie the ability to throw Milkshakes.
    Callie Hedgie no longer spins when jumping.
    Callie Hedgie can now turn Super.
    Added Callie Hedgie & Amy Rose Duo.
    Removed Callie Hedgie Alt. End.

CREDITS:

Tatsuru - For the Hugs LUA.

Simon_T - For the Fang Bomb Throw LUA (Modified to have milkshakes).

Supporters / CoAuthors

Attachments

• srb20151.png
    srb20151.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 377
  • srb20152.png
    srb20152.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 14,571
  • srb20237.gif
    srb20237.gif
    2 MB · Views: 16,636
  • srb20238.gif
    srb20238.gif
    3.2 MB · Views: 14,630
  • srb20239.gif
    srb20239.gif
    4.4 MB · Views: 14,901
  • srb20240.gif
    srb20240.gif
    240.1 KB · Views: 14,737
  • srb20241.gif
    srb20241.gif
    5.3 MB · Views: 14,611
  • Callie Hedgie CSS Art (Transparent).png
    Callie Hedgie CSS Art (Transparent).png
    18.4 KB · Views: 279
  • CL_CallieHedgie-v2.rar
    193.8 KB · Views: 1,821
  • srb20243.gif
    srb20243.gif
    5.6 MB · Views: 14,769
Last edited by a moderator:
She could certainly use a wider variety of poses - the hang sprite in particular doesn't have her arms connect with the rope for example. (though admittedly allowing her to do so with those stubby arms might pose hitbox concerns...)

Regardless though, this is sufficient. Welcome to Releases!

I get an extreme Pokemon Gen 4/5 vibe with these sprites.

I know that you put effort in this, and that (from what I heard) this is your first attempt at a SRB2 character mod, but just a note that please refer away from just giving your character mod just one single ability without any other changes to the S_SKIN (like dashmode, mindash, actionspd, etc.). Your mod just has a single double jump, and there isn't really anything interesting in your character mod. I don't know if anyone, besides loving Callie/Splatoon/Hedgehogs and showcasing mods would like to play with this.
Aside from the Double Jump, the sprites are ok, but please, add a bit more to your moveset. Like, try messing with lua, SOC, actionspd, character flags, etc. Even those changes (if you don't do lua or SOC) will make your character mod better, unless you make your character OP/slow/unfun with those changes as heck.

I know that you put effort in this, and that (from what I heard) this is your first attempt at a SRB2 character mod, but just a note that please refer away from just giving your character mod just one single ability without any other changes to the S_SKIN (like dashmode, mindash, actionspd, etc.). Your mod just has a single double jump, and there isn't really anything interesting in your character mod. I don't know if anyone, besides loving Callie/Splatoon/Hedgehogs and showcasing mods would like to play with this.
Aside from the Double Jump, the sprites are ok, but please, add a bit more to your moveset. Like, try messing with lua, SOC, actionspd, character flags, etc. Even those changes (if you don't do lua or SOC) will make your character mod better, unless you make your character OP/slow/unfun with those changes as heck.
Well, recently i got some LUA stuff ready to go (Kind of), i just gotta check into the codes for a few issue fixes, and most importantly, credit to the original creators of said LUA scripts.

probably the closest we will ever get to having an actual hedgehog playable in SRB2. not that i'm complaining, this thing is utterly adorable ^^

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back