Sharp v1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppyfaic

Sharp.gif

He's pointy.
Spindash: Sharp-Dash
Sharp jumps slightly higher than Sonic and Co. Just a bit though.
Can't drown in water/space
Beware annoying buzzing sounds.
--Bugfix Update--
Can now turn Super in multiplayer
Can now Sharp-Dash in multiplayer
ACZ rope-hang-things like him now
Can control his jumpheight now

Attachments

• Sharp.gif
    Sharp.gif
    2.8 MB · Views: 3,288
  • Sharp.zip
    22.2 KB · Views: 2,100
Last edited:
Eh, why not? It's functional, and there are already playable versions of every single other enemy in the game.

One suggestion if you update, though; the dash is overpowered. No cooldown means you're usually just holding it down the whole time and plowing through everything. Maybe add some sort of limit on it?

Eh, why not? It's functional, and there are already playable versions of every single other enemy in the game.

One suggestion if you update, though; the dash is overpowered. No cooldown means you're usually just holding it down the whole time and plowing through everything. Maybe add some sort of limit on it?

i was just about to mention the same thing, it would be like if my boost addon didnt drain rings and you could just spam it.

Just a suggestion, I would make the sharp charge up how it does in regular gameplay. Once it's all red and charged up, the player will start to move.

Probably a shitty suggestion but that's just me.

... I cannot turn super in multiplayer, or even using the dash... Just for SP, i guess.

I would if I knew how to ;-;
My first thought is making a simple cooldown on it, and my other thought is adding a ring drain to it. If anyone can help me with either of those that'd be great.

Just a suggestion, I would make the sharp charge up how it does in regular gameplay. Once it's all red and charged up, the player will start to move.

Probably a shitty suggestion but that's just me.

Nah, I want it to be instantaneous.

... I cannot turn super in multiplayer, or even using the dash... Just for SP, i guess.

EDIT: That's fixed now. It'll be in the next update.

Last edited:
Originally when Sharp jumped, he'd exit his spin-frames(which is what the dash uses) because his ability is CA2_NONE. I tried to make it so he'd have his spinjump and no spindash but I couldn't figure it out. So I used BlueBlurForever's no-spin-jump script so he would just not be able to hurt things when jumping. Somehow, adding that script made him use his spin-frames when jumping. @_@ And that script means he doesn't actually jump, he just does an action similar to it, which is why you can't turn super.

Well, but... what happens with the dash in MP? I cannot use it, either. But well, playing in SP is the thing.

Another bug finded: When i want to grab on some pulls in ACZ, Sharp cannot jump out of them, unless you press Spin button to drop off, making ACZ definitely impossible to play, unless you use NOCLIP:

8qo7h.gif

If you're keeping the dash jump, here's something to fix: Sharp flashes blue for a split second when you jump while dashing.

That's been fixed as well. And yes, I am keeping the dash jump. I feel he needs it to be able to do any sort of platforming.

I think that the attacks need to work more like they do on the enemy, so maybe make it charge up from blue to red, and then the player can use the attack(it charges up without holding the button) after using the attack it's blue again(and can't be used) so you need to wait for it to turn red.

I think that the attacks need to work more like they do on the enemy, so maybe make it charge up from blue to red, and then the player can use the attack(it charges up without holding the button) after using the attack it's blue again(and can't be used) so you need to wait for it to turn red.

1. That's not how the enemy works at all.
2. If something like that is even possible, it's way too complex for me to do.

1. That's not how the enemy works at all.
2. If something like that is even possible, it's way too complex for me to do.
The enemy sees you, charges up color and then dashes at you. Add like a timer that's set to 0, it slowly goes up and changes the color while doing that. If the timer is full, then the player can do the attack, with that the timer resets.

1x1 pixel wings and shell shooting, doesn't play the like the enemy does.

The enemy sees you, charges up color and then dashes at you. Add like a timer that's set to 0, it slowly goes up and changes the color while doing that. If the timer is full, then the player can do the attack, with that the timer resets.

Again, that's not how the enemy behaves. He doesn't gradually change color. He make a noise, stops moving, and goes through shades of blue to red before finally chasing the player around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back