Resource icon
This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

UrbanPie

Skilled at being bad!
This contains the Pk3 file that includes Tumbleweed Valley Zone - as Mapj9. This is an original circuit map that is 4 laps long. This map also has support for Circuit Redux.

This is my first ever attempt to build a map from the ground up (As Sunken Cave was a conversion of a 2.0 map). Feel free to give me criticism for this map!

Change log

- Change floor texture within the bottom path, with added torches and a hidden golden monitor.

- Changed the position of the third checkpoint - turning the island to a more visual piece of the level.

- Added more slopes.

- Lowered brightness.

- Added a longer route within quicksand.

- Quicksand's sinking speed has been increased.

- Along with other minor change to increase the overall pace of the stage.

- Initial Release

Attachments

• srb20023.png
    srb20023.png
    379 KB · Views: 242
  • srb20022.png
    srb20022.png
    328.8 KB · Views: 222
  • Tumble2.1Island.jpg
    Tumble2.1Island.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 151
  • R_TumbleweedValley-v2.1.pk3
    41.3 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
I genuinely liked the map. The stage was a short and simple and there wasn't really anything that caught my eye that looked out of place. One thing I would suggest right of the bat is experiment with slopes. Slopes really change up the feel of a level and give the player a sense of speed whenever used correctly. This can be a huge help for the level design as well because while the level design is short and simple, I do feel like it is a little flat in the majority of areas. Keep practicing mapping though, this was a good first attempt at an original level! Also I noticed that you seem to be a big fan of making race maps, if you want, check out on how to make a SRB2Kart map in the future, I feel like you can make a lot of cool stuff for a circuit alone when you are behind the wheel. Also the SRB2 Discord has a #mapping channel if you're not familiar with it that has a lot of individuals including myself who share progress and help each other out with questions and suggestions for their maps.

Other than that, welcome to releases!

I genuinely liked the map. The stage was a short and simple and there wasn't really anything that caught my eye that looked out of place. One thing I would suggest right of the bat is experiment with slopes. Slopes really change up the feel of a level and give the player a sense of speed whenever used correctly. This can be a huge help for the level design as well because while the level design is short and simple, I do feel like it is a little flat in the majority of areas. Keep practicing mapping though, this was a good first attempt at an original level! Also I noticed that you seem to be a big fan of making race maps, if you want, check out on how to make a SRB2Kart map in the future, I feel like you can make a lot of cool stuff for a circuit alone when you are behind the wheel. Also the SRB2 Discord has a #mapping channel if you're not familiar with it that has a lot of individuals including myself who share progress and help each other out with questions and suggestions for their maps.

I'm not a member of the Discord server, actually. I should really join it though.

There were plans for a slope before the quicksand but I discovered that due to how slopes work, you could just jump over the quicksand. But I agree that the map could have been less flat.

I've honestly haven't played SRB2 Kart in a long time but I'd imagine making a Kart map would be fun, thanks for that suggestion!

Thanks for the feedback also!

Pretty decent, I enjoyed it. I like the platforming for a higher and faster route. I would recommend making the level darker, brightness 255 doesn't look natural and if you still want it bright, use 240. I also don't like how slow the quicksand is. I know it's like this in my map pack too, but in the next update I'm making it a lot faster like Rustic Templar Zone so that the quicksand doesn't cut all of your speed.

When you update a mod, it's best to update the post's name with a version number and especially bump the thread so that people will know it's updated.

2.1 is a minor update - where I changed the location of the third checkpoint, reduced a couple of monitors at the bottom path and added a gold monitor at the bottom path.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back