Version 2.1 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I like the rolling releases, I would be surprised if this continued any longer than 2.1.7. I think it would be best to combine the original 2.1 release with the final "patch" version in the download section once this becomes stable.

Also I noticed in the Aerial Gardens map near the end that there are still the same sector bugs as before. Other than a few map errors such as this (that likely won't get fixed) and the additional bug mentioned earlier, I didn't notice any others unless the opaque shading behind menus are suppose to be translucent. For the first time in a long time, net games actually work for me again without instant consistency failure upon joining.

srb20000.png

srb20002.png

Last edited:
I don't know if this has been mentioned already or not, but whenever I try to start the game in regular software mode, my computer just has all of the colors go inverted. It's kind of annoying because while there aren't any glaring issues with OpenGL mode, I'd like to be able to use software mode instead.

Also would this be the right topic to post a little review of Srb2's recent update? Or would I need to post that somewhere else?

I know this sounds retarded, but have you tried changing the resolution after you boot up SRB2? Or the brightness of the game?

And I'd make a whole new topic in SRB2 discussion about it, if it's an actual review.

After a most-likely failed job interview and some much needed rest... what did I miss? 2 versions? And most likely fixes on multiplayer, hmm? LOL, typical SRB2. :)

After reading about the 2.1.3 CEZ3 fixes, you ARE trying to make it harder. Again, typical.

But no fret, 2.1.4 OGL fixes? This I got to see... BTW, I noticed that fade transitions came and went on 2.1.2 (haven't played for a few days for job finding and lack of sleep, need I remind you), so hopefully 2.1.4 fixed all that?

I know this sounds retarded, but have you tried changing the resolution after you boot up SRB2? Or the brightness of the game?

And I'd make a whole new topic in SRB2 discussion about it, if it's an actual review.

I've tried changing the resolution. I thought this might change it, but it doesn't change it at all. The brightness doesn't do anything either.

If you're under Windows 8, try setting the compatibility mode to Windows 7. Also, if you're using the Windows feature that changes your desktop background image, turning that off can help.

If you're under Windows 8, try setting the compatibility mode to Windows 7. Also, if you're using the Windows feature that changes your desktop background image, turning that off can help.

See, I'm running the game in Windows 7. So that kind of makes things a bit more confusing. I've tried redownloading srb2 and that does nothing so...?

Hey, at least you can GET it to boot. I get CreateSurface Primary Screen FAILED

Methinks SRB2 needs to be upgraded from DirectDraw 2.

Furyhunter is working on making the code work with SDL2, and we're likely going to start using that for new releases once it's done.

====

v2.1.5 patch released.

* Numerous errors in Egg Rock Zone 3 were fixed.
- If you have any Record Attack replays for ERZ3, you must remove them before trying to play ERZ3 in Record Attack again. This is because some of the old bugs resulted in writing corrupt data to the replay files.
* Fixed character switching while Super Sonic in netgames leaving you stuck as another character with one of Super Sonic's flashing colors.
* Fixed an issue with resynching CTF netgames.
* Once again fixed the game crashing if you were hanging on the center chain as the CEZ3 boss dies.
* Fixed the final boss's bombs causing major lag in certain situations.
* More minor level fixes.
* Lua:
- HUD drawing functions can now use v.patchExists(string) to check if a patch exists without having to cache it.
- Three extra configurable buttons were added that Lua can use for custom actions.

====

https://files.srb2.org/srb2.org/SRB2-v215-patch.zip

The only thing affected is the replay files. Nothing else needs to be removed.

Version 2.1.5 Patch

Posted by Inuyasha on 03-23-2014 03:32 PM.

If you were one of those poor saps that guessed 2.1.4 would be stable, then I’m sorry to say you lost that bet.

This patch works for any previous version of 2.1 and fixes the following:

• Numerous errors in Egg Rock Zone 3 were fixed.
    • If you have any Record Attack replays for ERZ3, you must remove them before trying to play ERZ3 in Record Attack again. This is because some of the old bugs resulted in writing corrupt data to the replay files.
  • Fixed character switching while Super Sonic in netgames leaving you stuck as another character with one of Super Sonic’s flashing colors.
  • Fixed an issue with resynching CTF netgames.
  • Once again fixed the game crashing if you were hanging on the center chain as the CEZ3 boss dies.
  • Fixed the final boss’s bombs causing major lag in certain situations.
  • More minor level fixes.
  • Lua:
    • HUD drawing functions can now use v.patchExists(string) to check if a patch exists without having to cache it.
    • Three extra configurable buttons were added that Lua can use for custom actions.

View on SRB2.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back