SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Mods

SRB2 Destructive Illusion (v1.3) Details »»
SRB2 Destructive Illusion (v1.3)
Developer Last Online: Jul 2020

Version: SRB2 Rating: (12 votes - 3.25 average)
Released: 05-21-2020 Last Update: Never Installs: 8
Single Player Levels SOCs Scripts Code Changes Sprites/Graphics

Trailer

That's right! After about 3 years in the making, Destructive Illusion has been finally released to the public!

Story:
Spoiler:
Eggman and a group of Egg Robos were digging on Angel Island, in search of the Phantom Ruby.
However, they seemed to be out of luck when no sign of the Ruby could be found.
Suddenly, Sonic and Tails arrived on the island and encountered the mad scientist. Eggman took notice of the two, and had come prepared for such an occasion.
Eggman called out his lackey Metal Sonic to hinder the two while he locates the Ruby. Then, during their fight, Eggman's drillers uncovered it at last!
The nefarious doctor focused his attention on the Ruby, not taking notice of Metal Sonic's swift defeat.
Sonic rushed to Eggman taking down his flying Egg Mobile, leaving Eggman on the ground. Before Tails could get a chance to ensure that Metal Sonic was properly out of order, Eggman suddenly shouted: "Metal! Get the Phantom Ruby!".
Metal's eyes came to life and blasted off, snatching the Ruby out of its hole. But when Metal caught it, a huge surge of energy waved across the island, unleashed from the Ruby itself.
The wave left the doctor's machines broken and mangled. And before Eggman's very eyes, Metal Sonic disappeared without a trace, followed by the blue blur himself.
Furious with his finest creation'ssudden vanishing, Eggman explodes in anger at his nemesis who once again had interrupted his plans.
However, the minerals he and his robots uncovered on the island gave him an idea: "Perhaps I can make my own copies of the Ruby, and replicate its power!".
Once told about Sonic's disappearance, Amy joined with Tails to form a resistance against Eggman's eventual comeback, so they could get revenge and find out what happened to Sonic. The rest of the Freedom Fighters were nowhere to be seen.
And now, Eggman's new threat opposes the world. But a new face gets ready to fight back....

Important Bugs:
Spoiler:

- It's HIGHLY recommended to play this mod in singleplayer first to get the definitive experience, since a lot of lag issues might occur.

-Frazzled Dungeon Act 3 is the most unstable in netplay and tends to desync players. It should be skipped for now if played in netplay.

Commands:
Spoiler:

"chooseback (none/flag/crystal/balloon)" - Choose a back equipment!
"choosetop (none/candle/cactus/OVA)" - Choose a top equipment!
"colorback (color)" - Choose a color for the back equipment!
"colortop (color)" - Choose a color for the top equipment!
"random" - Randomize your equipment and your char as well!
"setequipmentdefault" - The game will remember that this is your default equipment everytime you open it.

Changelog:
Spoiler:

v1.3 -
*Fixed a major bug when an error softlocks the player in a cutscene.

v1.2 -
*Fixed a few dickish areas in DWZ1 and FDZ1.
*Fixed the issue with the masterserver.
*Changed some lines in the dailogue.
*Fixed the height problem with HH2's boss.
*Changed the rock's launch to avoid missing the target in HHZ3.

v1.1 -
*Fixed a problem with OpenGL not showing CCZ's flats.
*Reduced the amount of cactuses in CCZ.
*Fixed some typos.
*Fixed a bug that leaves the FDZ3 boss stuck.

v1 -
Initial Release.

di_skins.lua is not synced in netgames, it's used for cutscene animations support and can be modified anytime.

(Just taking here lines from the DI_Readme.txt)

v
di_main.pk3
di_skins.lua
^
Are needed to open DestructiveIllusion.exe.

You need to drag the files in the .zip to your default SRB2 v2.2 folder.

Source Code

Mirror for music file.

Download Now

File Type: lua di_skins.lua (38.5 KB, 1625 views)
File Type: 001 di_music.zip.001 (30.00 MB, 1777 views)
File Type: 002 di_music.zip.002 (30.00 MB, 1674 views)
File Type: 003 di_music.zip.003 (7.96 MB, 1499 views)
File Type: zip DI Main Files.zip (13.37 MB, 1675 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20083.gif
Views:	707
Size:	3.86 MB
ID:	31807   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20089.gif
Views:	547
Size:	4.16 MB
ID:	31808   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20090.gif
Views:	441
Size:	4.59 MB
ID:	31809  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 05-22-2020   #2
Zipper
Killda
Judge

Boy howdy did I feel certain emotions while playing this. I'll let people see it for themselves, but I might make a boss review later on.

Welcome to Releases!
Old 05-22-2020   #3
Snowy
PersistantRubine

I can't even open the other 2 music zips to place them in. They don't read as anything I can open, mind reuploading them or double-checking? I can open the first one with both 7zip AND Winrar.
Old 05-22-2020   #4
Elyos03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
I can't even open the other 2 music zips to place them in. They don't read as anything I can open, mind reuploading them or double-checking? I can open the first one with both 7zip AND Winrar.
You don't even have to. open the other 2 zips. 7zip automatically detects the .002 and .003 files within the .001 file you are extracting and gets the job done.
Spoiler:
DO NOT look into my oldest posts. They now make me cringe like and YouTuber watching its very first video.
Elyos03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020   #5
Zeno

I have alot of oddball mixed feelings about this mod that i might go into better detail at a later date, the story though is actually quite enjoyable, probably the best part about this mod in my opinion
Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020   #6
NotAUser
I am a Bot

This game was really well done! though some things i took notice of

Bad: the levels and bosses with exception being the first boss and egg man bosses are very difficult that its hard to enjoy.

What to improve: though if you space out the enemies out more where mistakes are only made by new players. and also give people more of a window to get through levels and don't expect them to be able to speedrunners.

Bad: Not enough places to play around with the new mechanics other than the hub and tutorial for hook ring points.

What to improve: Make levels rely more on the hook ring and pully or at least lean to it with out having alternate paths to the same place.

Good: the new mechanics are so intresting with level traveling. even limited as they are, are fun to play around with giving them a feel of a fun play through with this mod

Good: the story is intresting including the npcs! thats all.

Bad: the cell phone function. its rarely used other than cool interactions but i barely used it and when you want to use it you can't move at all which can 100% kill you.

What to improve: make is so that your not frozen in place and helpless against enemies.

Bad: The hub feels empty.

What to improve: since you added Tails and Amy as Npcs for the hub why not Fang or even Knuckles? the game kinda feels empty with only two non villians talking to you. also make tails talk more than just 2 types of interactions. this will 100% make the hub a fun place to hang out in for a minute or so

Last edited by NotAUser; 05-22-2020 at 07:51 PM. Reason: i feel like i could do better on what i want to say now because i played the full game
NotAUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020   #7
Failur
Have an ice crem

soo the 3 music zips just dont count as .zip files and even if i force their filetype to .zip they overall break and i dont know how to fix this
Failur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020   #8
Winins
SRB2C Researcher

Here is how to quickly convert the files into zip:

1.Download File Joiner from here. Extract it and run fjoiner.exe.

2.Click on "Add files" and add all the files.

3.Click on "Join". The zip should be opened automatically.
Old 05-22-2020   #9
Rexeljet

I've noticed that there doesn't seem to be any discernible way of progressing past the Underground Lab in single player mode without using a map -force command. Is that intentional or am I missing something?
Old 05-22-2020   #10
Golden Shine
Here to bring light!

I don't know if anybody else has had corruption issues with the split music file like me, so here's a mirror for the full file. https://www.dropbox.com/s/46vypdx7jm...music.dta?dl=1

Anyway, wow, I wasn't expecting that one level from the Sugoi trilogy to turn into a full-on Sonic Forces reimagined-esque mod. I haven't gotten through all of it yet, but so far it's pretty interesting! I've just been confused for a while how to get out of the base(maybe skipped an important part of the tutorial after being given so much junk info) and how to beat that spikeball Egg Mobile.

I really dig seeing someone actually implement a story and NPCs in SRB2. Gives me some motivation try beating the whole thing. Consider filling the HQ with random NPCs that give random messages to make it feel a bit more lively!

It features an archive of my mods, old and new. Like SMSreborn and Metroid Vanguard. (Currently a wip)
Golden Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020   #11
FAVman33
a gamer on the interwebs

@failur
It's reccomended to use 7Zip to extract the files.
FAVman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020   #12
Emi
does the beta testing (girl

Okay, so:
This mod is good, don't get me wrong. I like it, but it's so annoying at times.
The bosses aren't fun at all, and when it comes down to it, the story is probably the part i like most about the mod, it reminds me of Sonic Forces, but if it was good.
Emi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020   #13
Gameobatts
"Hat Boi" in netgames.

This is actually really well done, and it reminds me of Sonic Forces. I like that.

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexeljet View Post
I've noticed that there doesn't seem to be any discernible way of progressing past the Underground Lab in single player mode without using a map -force command. Is that intentional or am I missing something?
did you use the custom tutorial or talk to amy? You're supposed to open up the sub-menu (custom 2, but can be changed) go to page 2 and select Desolate woods and then go press the red button and enter the teleporter.
Old 05-22-2020   #14
PapsTheEchidna121
i am bored

Is there a way to defeat Heat Horizon's boss as an echidna?
I'm trying to hit the boss, but I keep bouncing off the dark snapper.
Old 05-22-2020   #15
Scoobert
Mr. Rule 17

the boss of heat horizons is WAAAAAY too hard, at least as characters with no jumpball. eggman always shoots those damn rocks over my head so its nigh impossible to hit them without relying on sheer luck
Old 05-22-2020   #16
NotAUser
I am a Bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobert View Post
the boss of heat horizons is WAAAAAY too hard, at least as characters with no jumpball. eggman always shoots those damn rocks over my head so its nigh impossible to hit them without relying on sheer luck
actually it aims above your head so backing up is a good way to hit him
Old 05-22-2020   #17
Scoobert
Mr. Rule 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAUser View Post
actually it aims above your head so backing up is a good way to hit him
Do you think I didn't try that? The arena is too small and it's hard to time my attack properly, let alone see where the damn thing is going
Old 05-22-2020   #18
NotAUser
I am a Bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobert View Post
Do you think I didn't try that? The arena is too small and it's hard to time my attack properly, let alone see where the damn thing is going
Oh. well i understand your problem but what worked best for me was getting close to eggman and back up even with a small arena. though you have to appreciate the work on the boss battle
Old 05-22-2020   #19
who-what-where-whale
who-what-where-whale

***RAD MOD ALERT!***

***RAD MOD ALERT!***

No but seriously this is SO cool. Good job on this, man!
Old 05-22-2020   #20
juney

i got sofflocked on the intro. can someone help me?

Last edited by juney; 05-22-2020 at 05:47 PM.
juney is offline   Reply With Quote