[Open Assets] Super PeelOut (4.0)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MotdSpork

Mafia? Zombies? Gold spork?
SUPER PEEL OUT
This is what the name implies. Super peelout from sonic CD. Press custom 1 to rev-up, release it, and take off at super sonic speeds.

Update 4.0
Added a new sfx.
Fixed a bug relating to being able to peelout in midair.
Lowered the peelout speed because it was too fast.
The players "Thok" speed is the same as the players normal speed.

Enjoy

Attachments

• srb20027.gif
    srb20027.gif
    7.7 MB · Views: 11,681
  • peeloutv4.zip
    86.8 KB · Views: 3,666
Last edited:
I can't see any copying from Katmint's Rosy here and I can't think of anything else this could be copying from, so this is release eligible.

However, you should look into fixing 1 thing from it: namely, the peelout mode is activated whenever the player goes above their normal speed, so power sneakers and thok activate it as well as the charge.

A few glitches I've noticed while using this LUA file..

PeelOut%20-%20Jump.gif

Sonic can jump and thok while "PeelOut-ing". The afterimages retain when Sonic hits the ground, when it really feels like they shouldn't. Doesn't seem to happen on diagonal springs, though.

PeelOut%20-%20PeelThok.gif

Sonic can jump while charging a PeelOut. Releasing the peelout in mid-air performs a pseudo-Thok.. while keeping Sonic's thok available for use. [ie: double thok!]

PeelOut%20-%20SpindashOut.gif

Sonic can PeelOut while charging a spindash. Releasing either the spin or custom1 buttons will start the first charge, and releasing the other one can instantly change your direction mid-spin.

A few glitches I've noticed while using this LUA file..

PeelOut%20-%20Jump.gif

Sonic can jump and thok while "PeelOut-ing". The afterimages retain when Sonic hits the ground, when it really feels like they shouldn't. Doesn't seem to happen on diagonal springs, though.

I think this is intended behavior. Sonic can maintain peelout form so long as he doesn't lose too much speed.

I think this is intended behavior. Sonic can maintain peelout form so long as he doesn't lose too much speed.

it was intended at first, but after thinking back to sonic CD, if you do the super peelout and jump after releasing, you lose significant speed.

EDIT:

All of these are fixed now so go test it out and give me some feedback.

Last edited:
It works pretty well, especially with the Rosy.wad only problem is that it doesn't let you use any custom abilities like it is. I was really looking forward to this and i'll say, it's a job well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back