• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

2D CTF map!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to rework the camera, look up the 2014 OLDC level I made called "Cloud Convoy". It does a lot of complicated stuff with the camera, but if you cut through the control-changing stuff you can totally see how it would be used to "zoom out".
0g94kTC.png

Alright then

How would this work in 1st person or better to ask, will it work in 1st person? Beacause all i see is 3rd person action
It won't work
It looks horrible
You can always enable chasecam and experience it by yourself, and it kind of helps if you want to see ahead, but controls are horrible

I forgot to mention that the script iterates through all players on map load and disables chasecam, but after some testing it doesn't work properly and only the server host gets chasecam disabled.
I might scrap that and use awayviewmobj instead. Seems somewhat easy to use, I guess?
That would disable "chasecam cheating" or however it can be called, and will make players unable to look upwards/downwards.
Almost true 2D

Another thing you might want is an aiming reticle, to show the player which direction they are aiming, because I can imagine aiming up and down in a side-view camera is going to be absolute hell.

To increase jump height, you can modify player.jumpfactor bearing in mind it's a fixed point value where FRACUNIT is the jump velocty of Sonic and Tails. Use a multiple of FRACUNIT to multiply the jump height accordingly. Just be aware, that the reason I added more gravity to the player was because at large jump velocities (2*FRACUNIT) the characters really start to float too much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back