SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Levels

The Emerald Isles port for 2.2 Details »»
The Emerald Isles port for 2.2
Developer Last Online: Nov 2020

Version: SRB2 Rating: (2 votes - 3.00 average)
Released: 11-13-2020 Last Update: Never Favourites: 2
Single Player Levels Multiplayer Levels Scripts Re-Useable Content Sprites/Graphics

I took the time to post my The Emerald Isles port 2.2 and did it. Now you don't have to search for a Google drive link, you can download it here.

Special Thanks to testers
Spoiler:

Amy Rose - Tester who tested on my srb2 server
Ketchupik - best tester)))))
Michael Blur
SilverTEAM P

And Special Thanks to Antimodern(Deus) for port eggfrostburn

Enjoy!

From post 2.1 https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=40559
Spoiler:

Hi, and welcome to my level pack that I originally started back in 2008. It's undergone a number of changes through the years(1.09.4-2.0). This project was originally intended to be something to do for people that were bored with the original game...and for me to learn the ins and outs of level design and learning what does and doesn't work in them while trying to improve on my past attempts each time.

The age of the last level is very apparent, as is actually the oldest level in the level pack up to this point. My first level was Rush Canyon, the second was Aquatic Labyrinth, and the third was Shale Village. As of the last release in 2.0, Shale Village was the oldest level in the pack. I said I was going to update it next in my last thread, and I delivered! Take that, 2008 me!

Speaking of which, if you want to avoid the potential lag cluster of the new Aquatic Labyrinth, you may take the left path out of the boss room in Blaze Canyon 3 and go to the old version of the zone-or if you're just curious/feeling nostalgic.

*update* There are now red/blue paths to take to the end, in case you feel one level is too difficult. No changing your mind if you choose one or the other, though-you have been warned.

There are no emblems in this level pack this time, as I believe that the merit of just playing it should be entertainment enough. That's not to say there aren't unlockables, there just won't be any that revolve around hunting around a massive level that may not allow backtracking.

*update*You may find other surprises in the levels themselves, however...

Comments/suggestions/critique/error reports are welcome as always, as they may very well determine which direction I intend to go in for future levels.

Also included guest times if you're having trouble speedrunning for the unlock.

*12/26 update*A few level tweaks and changes have been added.
Asset package used from
http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=35544

old versions.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...kB?usp=sharing

Download Now

File Type: pk3 scr_TEI308_Port09.pk3 (29.57 MB, 885 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb21709.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	42006   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb21711.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	213.9 KB
ID:	42007   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb21712.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	150.1 KB
ID:	42008   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb21713.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	42009   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb21715.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	42010  

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb21717.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	227.1 KB
ID:	42012   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb21718.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	188.5 KB
ID:	42013  

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 1 Week Ago   #2
D00D64
Probably Responsible

Welcome to releases!
D00D64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #3
MrMago
Default Ye boi

Omg finally
MrMago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #4
Axolex53
Unknown person

Didn't tried in 2.1, Let's see what you got!

+" That's Right! Only YOU can!"
Axolex53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #5
little guy*
A guy who loves Adventures!

So now it's redundant to play 2.1 except for SUGOI level packs
All the BIG level packs are finally here
Old 1 Week Ago   #6
Zippy_Zolton
jet jaw sounds

Shouldn't the file be renamed to fit the naming convention? e.g. SL_TEI-v3.1.pk3 Is this the case because the port is not finished?
Old 1 Week Ago   #7
Simon_T
Pyro the Setsuna Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by little guy* View Post
So now it's redundant to play 2.1 except for SUGOI level packs
All the BIG level packs are finally here
So, where's Tortured Planet?
Old 1 Week Ago   #8
Steelie
Downward spiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_T View Post
So, where's Tortured Planet?
Unlike The Emerald Isles, Tortured Planet isn't marked as re-usable. A port of it wouldn't be allowed to be released here unless made by fawfulfan himself.

Either way I'm happy to see this working with 2.2 properly. And last time it was ported, it was enough to wake Kuja up to port it himself and make new tweaks and stages for it, so here's hoping.
Steelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #9
MK.exe
The one and only!

This was a pleasant surprise to see. I didnt expect to see someone else port the pack though.
Old 1 Week Ago   #10
LuxisLand
𝐼 𝒶𝓂 𝒹𝑒𝒶𝒹.

BRUH, i just completed the level pack in 2.1 and it just got ported to 2.2
AWESOME!
Time to play it with my 2.2 favorite characters!
Old 1 Week Ago   #11
RomioTheBadass

Cool, It's been a long time since last time I played TEI. Thanks for porting this!
Old 1 Week Ago   #12
RomioTheBadass

The "easy versions" of the levels is an odd inclusion, they feel shoehorned and out of place for this pack, you can feel the inconsistency in quality between the levels as you play through the campaign. It does a big disservice to both the easy and the regular (now named "hard" for some reason) of the levels. The easy levels would be better off split to their own separate levelpack because as it is now they just drag the whole thing down.

Some areas are likely broken as well, some springs there don't send you flying high enough to reach areas intended for them, don't know if that's an Amy route or not but other characters can reach it easily so it just leads to confusion and getting lost easily. Another thing that's worth noting is that some skyboxes don't fit the new levels as well as the old ones do, you should port the old skyboxes as well.

It's not perfect, and I can't recommend this over the old version in its current state, but perhaps if you work on it some more you can get it to an even better state!
Old 1 Week Ago   #13
Haxa

Personally, I loved it. I think aesthetically it leaves a lot to be desired, it looks very demo era to me, but in terms of level design I thought it was engaging and complex. I would fall down somewhere believing I was about to die, only to find it's another path with it's own challenges, and these paths would have multiple ways to be played themselves. Things never got out of control though, levels are designed in ways that let you know where you have to go next so getting lost is difficult, which is cool with such large levels.

The biggest con to me is the easy mode levels, I'm not a fan. I like to do runs with the randomizer mod, and I think this will make it to where if I do a randomizer run with this mod it would mean I have to play most of the levels twice, and one of them would just be a watered down version of it. That's a very specific gripe, but it does effect my enjoyment.

All said, I really think this is a great level pack. It's my first time playing it, and it's among my favorites.
Old 5 Days Ago   #14
VILEWORX
Just call me Vile

Played through it. The pack is definitely showing its age now but it's still fun to blast through. I'm getting a lot of HOMs in certain maps though, for example Forgotten Grove Act 1. And perhaps you could fix some of the texture alignment + convert some of the "slopes" (stairs made of many thin sectors) into actual slopes. Also a bunch of things related to unlocks/secrets:

Spoiler:
It seems you can unlock record attack simply by beating EIZ1 whereas in the 2.1 version, you had to get to the secret room at the end of EIZ2 in under 2:30 (before the door closes) and walk over the stopwatch icon on the floor. I'd love it if you could restore that condition.

The secret house area in ARZ1 keeps giving me "music lump --- not found errors", and the default ARZ1 music no longer plays after I leave that area.

The Super Sonic map accessed through the house area is broken now. For some reason the platform in the first boss room won't lower after I defeat both bosses in there.
VILEWORX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #15
Micro
sonic heroes is a good game

Why does this not have the VS_ prefix?
Old 4 Days Ago   #16
yfyfyfyfyfy
Don't listen me! I'm a fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micro View Post
Why does this not have the VS_ prefix?
"V" can not be used from late summer, my dear friend
My discord: yfyfyfyfyfy#8483
Would you like me to test your addon? Write to me in discord!

English is not my native language. Sorry if there is a mistake in the text. Even in this.
yfyfyfyfyfy is offline   Reply With Quote