[Open Assets] SRB2: Greenflower plus

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally would like an inbetween of the sky color he has and the official one. I'm kind of curious to see how that might look like.

That's really neat looking, bravo, however...
I know I'm not really a reliable guy when it comes to spriting and all (Forgive my spriting attempts, world!), but I think that caramel-ish impression is given by the texture's shading. Try making it like vanilla -without nececarly changing the colors- and see if it looks better.

Also, I'm not a huge fan of the blue you gave to the sky, I liked the default one better. But that might just be me.
I'm thinking about changing the sky to the mid cyan/blue color.

<TehRealSalt> The part where he says "You say that like custom levels were even in my head." REALLY irks me
<RedEnchilada> is it because he wants his textures to replace the vanilla textures
<RedEnchilada> and therefore affect every custom level

You know what, TehRealSalt? You know what?
This is for you.
mFoWYWm.png

Sorry for bullshitting you earlier.

Sky looks better. Grass doesn't look like it's been addressed yet, though.

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

Oh, a comment on the sky: the clouds look too cartoony for the green hill type atmosphere. You should try something closer to what the originals did, like a nimbus cloud (example)

...I don't really like above screenshot's grass, to be honnest. The "lines" it makes look outta place to me. The wall texture however feels different and original, compared to the generic caramel and chocolate squares =P

...I don't really like above screenshot's grass, to be honnest. The "lines" it makes look outta place to me. The wall texture however feels different and original, compared to the generic caramel and chocolate squares =P

I actually really like the grass, I think the current grass we have now looks like vomit >.>

It's... okay.

I personally find that the grass texture looks more fittng as an acid waterfall if you flipped it turnways and animated it. There's something about the whole wave pattern you have going on that just doesn't speak grass. I think it has something to do with how flat it looks? Not really sure how to feel about the walls, except that when they aren't in-line it looks much more jarring compared to the checkerboard pattern already in place.

Also for some reason I have the feeling it would look better if you used the normal cobalt blue color (or at least one that is less blinding) for the sky. The brightness is really throwing me off, probably because Arid Canyon uses a similarily bright color and it makes the desert-themed area look much more... arid and bright, obviously.

Last edited:
It's... okay.

I personally find that the grass texture looks more fittng as an acid waterfall if you flipped it turnways and animated it. There's something about the whole wave pattern you have going on that just doesn't speak grass. I think it has something to do with how flat it looks? Not really sure how to feel about the walls, except that when they aren't in-line it looks much more jarring compared to the checkerboard pattern already in place.

Also for some reason I have the feeling it would look better if you used the normal cobalt blue color (or at least one that is less blinding) for the sky. The brightness is really throwing me off, probably because Arid Canyon uses a similarily bright color and it makes the desert-themed area look much more... arid and bright, obviously.

Oh, I see now. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back