What are the hardest video game bosses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratchet and Clank 1's final boss is hard. It might be because I haven't gotten the ultra nanotech upgrade. I can get to the final peice of health bar left and then I suddenly get blown to **** even with full health.

Devil May cry 4

Devil may cry 4 AngelDevil boss.

He is freaking hard to kill...but have the same weak point as Sword Armor...The diference is that he is unkillable...

By the way...I killed him like 3 time...in easy mode...I still have problem with him XD

All other boss in devil may cry 4 are easy...or maybe little harder...but still easy...

Well, I understand myself...Yay!

I played Devil May Cry 4 demo, the flaming guy was pretty hard to kill, if you are talking about something harder, I would like seeing a video of it. (Since Bythos is the main UBER HAX0R boss I ever faced and havn´t defeated it, I guess it will take some time for me to change my preference for the hardest boss).

street_fighter_4_seth_pkf_21309.jpg
Oh Lord, Seth.
Every time I try to jump kick him, I keep getting hit with a Shoryuken.
And right when I think he's done for, He pulls out his ultra and beats me.

Hardest Fighting Game Boss, Ever.

Flaming guy(Flame Demon) is easy to beat if you know how to kill him...destroy his fire on his head...Some sword hit should do it...Then use the Devil arm on it(Grab his face) because he will be unlit(when you cut his fire sometime he unlit)Then you wan destroy him more easily...He was no match(When i knew how to kill him XD)

Spardas Demons Still Alive...Flee For Your Life Pitiful Human!

Do I have to post some freaking Touhou in here? I can't get past Easy, but that's probably because I suck at the games - but here's a Lunatic video, if HTML and Youtube embedding work in quick reply.

Well, it doesn't work. Here's a link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzFr2o9YtbU

Last edited:
Do I have to post some freaking Touhou in here? I can't get past Easy, but that's probably because I suck at the games - but here's a Lunatic video, if HTML and Youtube embedding work in quick reply.

Well, it doesn't work. Here's a link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzFr2o9YtbU

We all know Touhou is hard regardless of difficulty. It's a spamming shooter for crying out loud. I don't mind it but add something more relevant to what can really be considered a hard frustrating boss.

I think I'll have to say Shinki. No disrespect to the other bosses in Touhou, but she was the first stage 6 boss I ran into, and remains to be the one that gives me the most trouble. Some of this could be due to the smaller screen and lack of a practice stage, but there's always a lot going on.

Also worthy of note is pretty much all of the secret level in Cave Story. It may be a little easy to catch the patterns in the last boss than in games like Touhou, but there isn't much room for error considering that you need to survive the intensely difficult run up to the boss.

Also replaying Brood War, I have to give props to the last UED mission. Given the special characteristics of each cerebrate, it seems to be the closest an RTS can come to a boss fight. I'm not exactly the most skilled player, but having a single unit cut through all of my defenses, proceed to tear up my base while (largely unnecessary) reinforcements join in to help it.. is an experience I don't think I've ever had playing an RTS, normally I die to a CPU rush or an extended siege.

Honorable Mention:

Welcome to the Machine/Vortex Queen - Ecco
Sir Lancelot Returns - Sonic and the Black Knight
Death - Castlevania Order of Ecclesia
Monster X - Cave Story
Reisen Udongein Inaba - Imperishable Night
Death Egg - Sonic 2
Patchouli Knowledge - Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
Big Swell (Emerald Challenge) - Sonic Rush Adventure

Hey, what about Palmer from Pokemon Diamond/Pearl?

You can only fight him after a 20 win-steak at the Battle Tower (Single, not Double), the main difficulty of this fight is that all Pokemon go level 50 in the Battle Tower, making it impossible to be stronger than him, then he uses a Milotic (overpowered defence and almost no weakness) a Dragonite (strongest-stat dragon type Pokemon, but extreamly weak to ice) and a Rhyperior (ridicously high stats of defense and attack, but weak to ice). Plus you only have one chance to defeat him, if you loose, you have to redo the 20 battles again.

Hey, what about Palmer from Pokemon Diamond/Pearl?

You can only fight him after a 20 win-steak at the Battle Tower (Single, not Double), the main difficulty of this fight is that all Pokemon go level 50 in the Battle Tower, making it impossible to be stronger than him, then he uses a Milotic (overpowered defence and almost no weakness) a Dragonite (strongest-stat dragon type Pokemon, but extreamly weak to ice) and a Rhyperior (ridicously high stats of defense and attack, but weak to ice). Plus you only have one chance to defeat him, if you loose, you have to redo the 20 battles again.

I didn't have any trouble with him since I had my grass team with me (heck, I always use a grass type team in the battle tower or Wifi). Dragonite and ryperior were wimps compared to the elite four champion's pokemon, but that Milotic was just infuriating. It took an effect spore(paralysis) and a leech seed from my breloom and a few of energy balls from my Ludicolo just to take it down. But yea, I did beat him in one try and claimed my bonus Bp.

I'd say he's about as difficult as your typical Gym leader.

I remember Kid Radd only being a pseudo-sprite comic. :B

JTE actually cooked up a beta of a game on Kidd Radd, with Gnarl being the one playable boss in the game. It is a pretty hard boss, but I've encountered harder.

I just remembered Metal Sonic in Sonic The Fighters.
Man, trying to get near him is a pain. He destroyed me so much I cant remember the last time I've beat him without continuing.

This may not count much as a "boss"
But I choose Bald Bull on Title Defense mode from Punch-Out.

Dear god the guy is a nightmare, his quick uppercuts sometimes come out very unexpected. When he does the punches when he rolls his arms around, you can't tell rather it will be a short, normal, or long punch. And worst of all, the only way to get him down is to star punch him when his HP is low, otherwise you can never get him down. I personally found Mr. Sandman on Title Defense to be much easier.

I would have to say for right now it's Monster X. Though I kinda lost interest in trying to beat him, and now I've moved on to bigger and better games. Specifically the Touhou series. =D Once my copy of Perfect Cherry Blossom comes, the hardest boss I ever faced is probably going to be replaced with one of the PCB bosses instead.

Terra Kingdom Hearts 2 final mix can kill you in first 5 seconds of the battle and even if your level 100 and you need to be able to survive fight and have some quick fingers for you reflect his attacks and you need to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back