So I just finished watching my anime...

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Piece is always a good anime to watch. I also second InuYasha. Especially since I'm watching InuYasha: The Final Act. Also, Yugioh 5D's is a must; duels on motorcycles = epic.

Of course, if you want comedy, watch Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo. It goes against the trend in more ways than one. Like how it's better in the English version...
Didn't Yu-gi-oh die like 5 years ago? One Piece is fine, though I need to watch it subbed though. I believe I saw Bobobo on Toonami once, wasn't that impressed.
Now as soon as my family leaves me alone, I'll go see Histories Strongest Disciple, go ecchi!

An annoying theme? That's kind of hard to not pick from since everyone is annoyed by something.

The only anime that I might think of that has more comedy than romance is entitled 'Hayate no Gotoku'. It's shorter than most Anime series' suggested (One Peice, Dragon Ball Z, Bleach, etc), with only being 52 episodes long. For the first season at least. There HAS been a second season, only with 25 episodes and it picks up where season one has 'derailed', which was around episode 24 I believe.

I use the term 'derailed' to say that it loses it's place in the plot. Though it does prove to be humorous, entailing many references from various other anime series' and many moments where the fourth wall is broken.

If you like filler and/or comedy, watch the entirety of the first season (52 episodes). If you are into more plot oriented anime, stop around episode 24 of the first season and jump to the second season I would say.

I can be totally wrong with the fact that I said episode 24 was the derailing point of season one. Many thanks If anyone wishes to clarify this for me.

Let me clarify bout the theme, nothing that will make my ears bleed, or scar me for life (damn you Lucky Star...). Comedy is good though.
Looks like I'm going to be busy watching anime for the next few weeks. Thanks again for the suggestions.
EDIT:How'd I miss Daywalker's post? The more anime, the merrier. I've read the Chobits manga, except for 8. Very funny stuff in there, (not to mention the ecchi. So what? I'm a pervert, get over it.)

Last edited:
Truly the only answer is JoJo's Bizzare Adventure. It's about a man who punches things into oblivion, his Indiana Jones-esque father, his friends, and a puppy who's about as powerul as they are.

Also, play the fighting game for PS1. It's awesome.

I haven't watched this, but I'm curious why it hasn't shown up here despite being regarded as incredibly awesome:
Death Note.
The only thing I heard about this is positive reviews and rave and yay!ness.

While not watching the anime, Death Note brings back nostalgic memories of becoming the "otaku" I am today, due to it being my first manga. Otaku in quotes due to me being a lazy bum, and not reading/watching manga/anime for a while. That said, Death Note was really interesting although I wanted the ending to be different.

Nagasarete Airantou is a good one season show, 26 episodes.

It's got a lot of comedy, a lot from nosebleeds (It's a harem show, look it up.) It also has some romance to a odd extent. It may be hard to find considering the episodes were removed from youtube, but I think It's worth it.

EDIT: Tell me what you think of it if you see it.

Last edited:
Try one piece...the early episodes can be very childish, but by episode 15 it'll get more serious. I'm currently on episode 250 out of 428! Watch for some filler arcs. Other than that, there aren't any real negatives. Linky:

http://www.watch-onepiece.com/

As I said, the more ecchi, the better, thanks for the suggestion.
"Fight Ippatsu! Juuden-chan!!"

This is probably one of those anime titles with a strong ecchi theme. Having watched this, each passing episode I constantly made the statement "Holy ****, orgasmic pee".

Another anime title which I haven't seen yet, and don't plan on seeing is entitled "Queen Blade".

Queen's Blade doesn't have a plot. If you just wanna see gratuitous ecchi it's probably good for that, but if you want something to go along with that you're better off passing on it.

My suggestions are Negima! and Negima!? (Yes the ! and ? are part of the names). I prefer Negima!? over Negima!, but Negima! is still just as good I guess. Yue & Nodoka X3 .. Did I just use that smilie... oh god I'm going insane..

Kimagure Orange Road is great. More romance than comedy. It was made in the 1980's however, so that will probably turn many of you away from it. Think of Love Hina with 99% less ecchi, a good story, touching and unique characters, great music, and all around better.

Kimagure Orange Road is great. More romance than comedy. It was made in the 1980's however, so that will probably turn many of you away from it. Think of Love Hina with 99% less ecchi, a good story, touching and unique characters, great music, and all around better.
I call contradiction, but thanks for the suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back