• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Jammin (Fan Char And 100% Custom :3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jammin

Yes i'm here to announce my first ever wad for srb2 i think its coming out pretty well.

Pic:

Plz C+C (comment and Criticizes) because i realy need it..
Also I'll try to add more sprites every day.Oh, and can some one help soc me a attack or link me to a tut to help me. (I was hopping to have him destroy enemy at his top speed. He has very low acceleration so it won't be like he a speeding bullet destroying robos. Also another reason why i want this is because i don't want to give him spindash ability. If socing this isn't possible I'll most likely change that)

Last edited:
Uh thanks..

@fawfulfan: Wow i really wasn't expecting that but thanks any ways.
@STHE123O: Eh what do you expect all fan chars are just sonic chars with clothes and different spines but thanks any ways..

Last edited:
that s why i dont like them, they are all recolors

but you r very good at spriting! i will like to see how you do the other frames!

thanks i try my best and also don't exept the others sprites to be done pretty fast since i got school and other junk that might slow this down.

really? it looks like all fan characters, a Sonic with another color and with clothes

No, it isn't. He changed just about everything--the body, the arms, the legs, the hair, and the face.

There's nothing wrong with using the default Sonic sprite as the baseline for your own sprites...you just need to make sure that it's changed significantly enough. And I think this character has had that done properly.

i know that the sprite is different from the Sonic one, but the real character is a green sonic

Nice job I think the shading is great. I don't know why but he reminds me of jet the hawk a bit. Good luck this is awsome

I want it! I. Do. Want it.

*pokes screen*

He didn't merely replace colors and changed some pixels. He actually reshaped and restylized a Sonic themed character. I know a new Sonic [fan] char will hardly add anything new into gameplay (mainly in v2.0). If the char doesn't fail at abilities combination, has balanced stats, then my choice follows aesthetics criteria.

The only thing I didn't like is the feet.

I want it! I. Do. Want it.

*pokes screen*

He didn't merely replace colors and changed some pixels. He actually reshaped and restylized a Sonic themed character. I know a new Sonic [fan] char will hardly add anything new into gameplay (mainly in v2.0). If the char doesn't fail at abilities combination, has balanced stats, then my choice follows aesthetics criteria.

The only thing I didn't like is the feet.

Wow, thanks and also i know his feet isn't realy unique I'm trying to think of a better shoe design but any ways thanks :D. Also if some one could help with the A2A8 sprite i would be thankfull.
Pic:
Every time i try to make his feet it just seems wierd.

i know that the sprite is different from the Sonic one, but the real character is a green sonic

That's not his fault, that's mostly 2.0's fault. It's significantly harder to make unique characters with the nerfed system (I could be wrong, I don't know what can and can't be achieved with socs)

It doesn't take a soc to draw a character a certain way. It's character abilities that's a problem in 2.0.

I don't think I like the character design, but the spritework is pretty good. If you can just give the character a play style unique to it, then I might pick it up.

Last edited:
This is actually looking good. If you can keep it up, I'd gladly use it.
I'd like to see better shoes, though, like Ezer said. Try basing it off of Sonic's shoe and modifying it without destroying the shading.

*yawn*

Well i fixed my A2A8 sprites my self i thin it came out pretty well to me. Pic:

Also i think i'll fix the shoes later since i'm tired and its 11:31 here and i need rest. Anyways i'll edit my post and add this sprite to it right now..

Man,This rules!
It's even better than Hinote!
Yeah,I tell you!
YOU HAVE TO FINISH THIS THING OR I WILL EAT YOU!

:3

Snowy thanks and I'll try to make sure to finish this wad.

Oh and i redid A2B8 because the one i did earlier looked awkward .Also I Re shaded the first sprite a bit and shaded the new one the same.(Do you liked this way i shaded or the other way..) Oh and i wanted to show you some proof that its custom so i left what i was doing with the side sprite their.(even though no one mentioned that it wasn't custom i just wanted to show you any way.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back