The British Sonic the Comic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDude1986

Good Evening,

My name is GDude1986 and I have been a Sonic the Hedgehog fan-boy since 1991-92 when my Mom good my Dad a Mega Drive (That's what we British called the Genesis) with a copy of Sonic 1 for his (Right...) birthday.

The problem was that there two TV's in that I had access to. One was in my Mom and Dad bedroom and the other was in the main living room, so my ability to play Sonic was limited by what they wanted me to play. However, I had another option.

One day my Mom when out and go some random comic book from the old "Thunderbirds" TV series. Attached to it was a small pamphlet that had the first page of the four strips that were in it. This was the first Sonic the Comic produced by Fleetway Editions Ltd. I got that first issue when it came out, and I never missed the fortnightly (Bi-weekly (Every two weeks)) release.

I had at least 105 issues when I suffered a massive turn around in my life. I had to move to America.

When I got to America (Age 10) I had to find my Sonic the Comic fix. To bad it was done by Archie comics. I had my grandparents mail the issues to me, but the newsagent they had nearby wasn't very good at keeping the issues on order, and I gave up on that plan. So I had to deal with reading the AC Sonic for a time (Not a very long time at that.)

During one of my visits back to the UK a few years after that, I saw a new issue on the stands. However, I was disappointed to find that only one of the four strips was new. Fleetway was cutting the budget, and they stopped printing new strips in the issues in July 2000, and then they stopped printing the comic at number 223 in December 2001.

Then a few days ago, I remembered the old series I cherished as a child and I decided to chase it up on the Intarweb (Oh, what a wonderful creation it is.) I found an awesome website made by some of Fleetway's old writers and artists that continued the series right where they left it. I would like to sure with the forums of SRB2 the entire printed comic book series which I conveniently found a link to on the forums.

http://stc-archive.gue-network.com/

You do need CDisplay to view the comics, but it's on their website too (What a nice bunch of blokes (dudes) over in the good old United Kingdom.)

My recommendation is that if you want to get the big Sonic story, read the following issues:

1, 2 (Tails’ debut), 7-9, 21 (Amy’s debut), 22, 33-38 (Knuckles’ debut (I think)).

I’m too lazy to go on now, but I’m sure you can enjoy others anyway. I know the first couple issues are a little cheesy, but it picks really well around 20. Also, they also have other stories based on old Genesis games including:

Kid Chameleon
Shinobi (That’s right, they have ninjas.)
Golden Axe
Streets of Rage
Decap Attack (I never played the game, but the comic series was awesome.)
And many others.

I loved the Sonic the Comic series. They didn’t suck like AC, and they can be a little creative. They used the characters before any of the popular TV shows aired, and they had a much better Sonic than any of the games or TV shows ever had. (Note, I don’t watch Sonic X, because it was brought to the US but 4Krap.) To be honest sarcastic Sonic > all Sonics in my high opinion.

Thanks to those of you who read this block of text. I kind loved bringing back all those old memories of how I found my Sonic injected childhood.

Being the yankee that I am, I haven't had the chance to read Sonic the Comic, but I will sure go ahead and check this fellow out. :)

To me, this is not a bot because:

- It has no ICQ information.
- It has no links for drugs or adult content in the post.
- It has no links for drugs or adult content its profile.

Of course, the bots could be changing tactics. At least this one was on-topic, so I wouldn't pass it off as bot activity. You never know though...

I am a man...

No, I am not a bot. I heard about this website from Mystic and I used the forums to tell a whole lot of people about the comics who may have only suffered through AC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back