• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

PiSRB2 - A thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

lnferno

Blazing Creator
So, uh, I've actually recently been working on a mod in the likes of Reveries and XMomentum! It's basically my own take on improving the game and such.
So far I've got some basic physics stuff down and 2 replaced jump abilities, so might as well show it off.

List of universal changes so far:
  • CBW Momentum is here as the basis of many of the physics changes! You gain speed running down slopes!
  • You have increased air control, more like in the actual Classics.
  • At a certain speed, you can run on water!
  • Slope jumps have been un-nerfed.

Now, I'll demostrate the main attractions currently.

Sonic:
srb20219.png

srb20868.gif

Remember CA_AIRDRILL? Due to Zolton having pushed me to remake the Air Drill in Lua for one of their projects, I saw the true potential of this move. So, using the ideas of PencilVoid, I've made the Air Drill into a move focused around momentum redirection, and, if you sacrifice that, being able to gain speed.

Tails:
srb20211.png

srb20870.gif

Tails has been nerfed. The flight time has been halved, and ascending makes you lose speed, but descending allows you to speed back up.

I'll probably rewrite this later.

i saw a small preview on Twitter about that nerfed Tails, and i have to say that looking at it now it makes much more sense.
that Air Drill is very cool as well

Very cool! What did you do to remove the launch limitation? Did you use Reveries' solution of adding an effect to slope sectors, or did you go with something more universal?

Very cool! What did you do to remove the launch limitation? Did you use Reveries' solution of adding an effect to slope sectors, or did you go with something more universal?

I went with the Reveries approach, as that... is actually just undoing exactly what the source code does, IIRC, lol.

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

Update, actually, finally added the final part of PencilVoid's Air Drill idea.
srb20872.gif

Last edited:
any idea if you're gonna plan to also do anything with Knux?
if yes, then are you going to make Knuckles glide go faster the more you are in air (like in Sonic 3)?
that you would give him a chance to go a bit more faster than normal and catch up with Sonic

Last edited:
Long story, if you are in the OS, it's in #announcements.

I don’t have access to my Discord at the moment, so would it be possible if you could PM me a screenshot of the announcement? I would really like to know what happened.

Btw, these physics look dope

now that i see the arc going down really quick... it is possible to add a bounce effect if Sonic hits the ground while falling really fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back