Custom gamedata - Allows you to create save files with addons

[Open Assets] Custom gamedata - Allows you to create save files with addons v1

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
For the script converting the saves isn't it dangerous to just replace the names ? Nice the files are small and are very unlikely to have "main" somewhere inside.

Last edited:
Thank you, this is something that should be in vanilla SRB2.
I agree a lot on this but how will this be implemented if the character data isn't loaded yet? Could SRB2 be able to create a secondary save menu for those?

I agree a lot on this but how will this be implemented if the character data isn't loaded yet? Could SRB2 be able to create a secondary save menu for those?

Yes, making a file once you add a mod or something; giving it random names depending in which mods are added.

Neat little script! However, when I was converting my all emerald save, I think the batch file missed some emeralds.

EDIT1:I also noticed my score ends with an impossible 7. How did that happen?

Attachments

• srb20029.png
    srb20029.png
    65.8 KB · Views: 413
  • srb20030.png
    srb20030.png
    177.8 KB · Views: 463
Last edited:
Is there an equivalent of the "Convert Save to Custom Data" script for Mac versions?

Neat little script! However, when I was converting my all emerald save, I think the batch file missed some emeralds.

EDIT1:I also noticed my score ends with an impossible 7. How did that happen?

Weird, not sure how that could have happened. Literally the only thing the script does is replace "main" with "custom_gamedata". I know I'm a month late replying to this, but all I can say is to try it again.

Is there an equivalent of the "Convert Save to Custom Data" script for Mac versions?

Not right now, but I imagine it shouldn't be hard to create such a script. Unfortunately I don't have a Unix environment available to test such a script, and I'm not exactly an expert on shell scripting. Maybe someone else can make one? It's not a very complicated script.

Weird, not sure how that could have happened. Literally the only thing the script does is replace "main" with "custom_gamedata". I know I'm a month late replying to this, but all I can say is to try it again.

Well, I tried it a few times (since my gamedata kept corrupting because SRB2 stuck and I had to hard reset my computer) and it still misses emeralds.

Could you send me the save that this is happening with? I'd like to take a look at it and see if I can reproduce the problem.

I've been having the same problem as above, I convert my saves and not only are all of them missing emeralds 1, 3 and 6, my Sonic+Tails and Fang files can't be loaded at all!

This is definitely off topic, but I see in the picture that there is a Shadow mod, however I have been unable to find a Shadow mod for 2.2. Is there one and I'm just missing it, or is it from an older version?

This is definitely off topic, but I see in the picture that there is a Shadow mod, however I have been unable to find a Shadow mod for 2.2. Is there one and I'm just missing it, or is it from an older version?
This is an unofficial port that isn't available here. I wouldn't recommend using them as they're often glitchy.
When the official 2.2 Shadow comes out I'll play it

You kind of got to do that by loading an char pack and then an map pack. Example: load modern first the apologue pack, now you can make an custom save without this soc.
Too bad this glitch only works in custom mappacks, but we have this so yeah.
Also i found an shadow mediafire download through sonickid's channel, but the super form ability is broken as it turns your jump sprites into MT_UNKNOWN for some odd reason characters that spin have their spin sprites fine even though its the same sprites as the jump, this is getting long so im stopping.

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

How do you use this on Android port?

just go in the game and load it, is there something wrong?

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

How do you use this on Android port?

just go in the game and load it, is there something wrong?

Hmmmm I have a question if I don't create a save with a mod character does that mean I don't have to load that specific character

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back