This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

SMS Alfredo

Sonic CD US Soundtrack Connoisseur
Judge
attachment.php

Yo dawg, I heard you liked Battle Mod, so we made a Battle Mod for your Battle Mod!

This map pack contains ports of all 12 of Sonic Battle's arenas, enhanced with new visuals and mechanics to fit better into SRB2. There's slopes, springs, ice physics and moving floors! In addition, created specifically for this pack, I've included a bonus arena with an all-new Sonic Battle-styled remix to accompany it!
attachment.php

But that's not all, this pack also comes with a new Battle Mod action that's universal to every character!

Hold down your shield button after guarding to start healing. This gives you 4 rings for every second you keep holding down the button. This move is crucial to using your abilities and staying alive, as these maps lack any collectable rings! But be warned, this move leaves you extremely vulnerable, so use it wisely, or you'll end up losing all the rings you took all that time to get!
attachment.php

Not to mention most sound effects are replaced by their Sonic Battle counterparts!

This pack will not work properly without Battle Mod. Duh.

The remix I made for Infinite Heaven is included in higher quality as a separate download with the name Infinite Heaven Music.zip. This zip file also includes an alternate non-bit crunched version of the song. Downloading this is not mandatory, and is simply there for those who want it. I do wonder if anyone is going to be able to pinpoint the source material though...

The Heal action and sound effect replacements are exclusive to the maps in this pack. That means if you host with this and go to levels not in this pack, this mod will not affect those levels.

Visual bugs arise from using the OpenGL renderer in Green Hill. It is recommended to switch to Software when playing this pack.

Attachments

• Sonic_Battle_Logo.png
    Sonic_Battle_Logo.png
    167.3 KB · Views: 23,279
  • stages.png
    stages.png
    374.1 KB · Views: 25,254
  • srb20165.gif
    srb20165.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 5,764
  • srb20167.gif
    srb20167.gif
    4 MB · Views: 22,788
  • Infinite Heaven Music.zip
    23.1 MB · Views: 2,408
Last edited:
As I said to you before, I'm not too keen on the idea of these maps being as cramped as they are. In servers with more than 2 people, this will surely cause some issues.

Regardless, everything seems to be in order. Welcome to Releases!

I actually had a friend of mine host a public test server before this was released. We got well over two people and there weren't any problems. And as for the maps being a little cramped, it's kinda on purpose, as not having many places to go promotes melee combat between players. And besides, these maps were actually already scaled up to 2x their original size using Oldbrak mode, and that's not even counting the 4x texture upscale :V

Version 2 is now out, after three whole months of waiting!
Uh, I don't exactly have an excuse for this, it's more just lack of motivation to finish it up.

This mod is now compatible with newest version of BattleMod again. Which means everything now works properly as it should.
Plus, I've added a whole bunch of sound effect replacements to these maps that'll really make you feel like you're playing Sonic Battle!
But...the Ready? Go! intro still doesn't play at the correct point in time, but I really don't feel like working with HUD stuff right now, so I'll fix it at a later date.

Stupid question.

Is "Infinite Heaven Music" the download?
Because i don't think it is.

So uh, I did an oopsie, and accidentally made it so that objects outside these maps spawn at half size. So I fixed that.
Also fixed an error that would pop up when starting a match.

Please download v2.1 if you've downloaded v2 beforehand!

Stupid question.

Is "Infinite Heaven Music" the download?
Because i don't think it is.

No it's not, I was just updating the mod to v2.1, so that's why you didn't see a proper download at the time.

No it's not, I was just updating the mod to v2.1, so that's why you didn't see a proper download at the time.

Oh ok ok, also... which is the shield button exactly? i haven't played with this mod before so... (OH NVM, i found it myself, lol)

Last edited:
Besides there being visually glitches for the Green Hill, the (Ready, GO!) opening has a very strange glitch on both software and open gl.

Other than those two glitches, I'm loving this addon!

srb20049.gif

srb20050.gif

Last edited:
Besides there being visually glitches for the Green Hill, the (Ready, GO!) opening has a very strange glitch on both software and open gl.

Other than those two glitches, I'm loving this addon!

srb20049.gif

srb20050.gif

irrelevant but
how did you turn on software?
the game just freezes when i turn it on until i turn it off

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back