Star Trek: The Next Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEV3

There and back again~
I did a search and to my surprise there only exist three topics titled "Star Trek", and two were about the movie, the other being a poll which probably is no longer any use as such.

I've been watching Star Trek TNG for about a week, I've seen several episodes from season 1, a few from later in the series, and I just got back from watching the series finale. I'm sure that like all shows it has its ups and downs, but I really like the series.

-----

I particularly enjoy Patrick Stewart as Picard. I'd first seen Patrick Stewart in a Moby Dick 4hr movie, and was extremely impressed with the way he delivered his dialogue. I love the way he's able adapt to stranger situations in the episodes. He's extremely believable as an irate old man in the finale, and his interaction with Q has been very enjoyable.

Commander Riker is okay, but I suppose it should come as no surprise that I find the character more credible with a beard. I've described him in the chatroom as a "leering cowboy from a 70s western that is always right" with one exception that I've seen thus far into season 1. I don't mind so much his apparent infallibility when he doesn't look so cliche, which is good because one of the most interesting episodes I've seen thus far hinged entirely on his ability to adapt.
I rather like Data and LaForge, but don't care much for either of the female characters and I'm afraid that I haven't had too much opportunity to get attached to Worf. Maybe he's a more immediate character when he takes over Tasha's job. I liked Wesley the first few times I've seen him, but his ability to second-guess adults sometimes makes me think I'm watching one of those disney kid-hero movies.

I'm told that some of the best episodes in the series include "Best of Both Worlds" (which I'll be seeing this weekend) and "The Inner Light" from the folks in the chatroom. I'm sure there are plenty of Star Trek fans around, I'm just being introduced to it for the first time (due in part to the movie last year) but I'd like to see what others think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back