16-bit gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bigboi said:
I always thought the Alex Kidd game that was out around that time was smoother looking, oddly.

And heres a question.....Why isn't Alex Kidd on Xbox Live??!!

Other than that, im enjoying Gunstar heros and the GBA remake cannot beat this classic baby.

TrueTenguMan said:
Well, you shouldn't be buying any of them from Live Arcade because all of the genesis games were released on disc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic's_Ultimate_Genesis_Collection

Not to mention that it's cheaper, too.

BlueZero4 said:
TrueTenguMan said:
Well, you shouldn't be buying any of them from Live Arcade because all of the genesis games were released on disc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic's_Ultimate_Genesis_Collection

Not to mention that it's cheaper, too.

Gunstar Heroes has online co-op.

I'll give you a moment to take that in.

Whoever says that 2D Sonic games were better than 3d is saying it just because that person has no propper thoughts and just say what others say, even if what they say makes no sence.

That's not entirely true, Sonnar.

In my opinion, i think the 2d games were better, because they didn't actually stray from the original gameplay (much). When they switched to 3d, they tried all new ideas (Which i personally think are bad.), and that's probably why i hate 3d.

And there you have it. My very own reason, not copying from other people. And it makes complete sense. So yeah, what was that about copying others, now?

Back on topic...

Sonnarkku said:
Whoever says that 2D Sonic games were better than 3d is saying it just because that person has no propper thoughts and just say what others say, even if what they say makes no sence.

This is what is wrong with the Sonic fanbase. This entire post. All of it.

Sonnarkku said:

This is a pretty offensive statement. Not only is it a gross generalization for an entire side of the fanbase, but it's incredibly incorrect for a lot of classic fans' viewpoints. If you really think everyone knocks on the 3D games so as to join the "credible" bandwagon, then take a look at the description of this. That sounds like a "proper thought" to me.

I tend to enjoy the 3D sonic games more because I can see over 10 inches in front of me. (Also, a few of the people who enjoy the old 2D sonic games are viewing them through rose-tinted nostalgia glasses. Please keep in mind I said A FEW, not all of them.)
Edit: Removed some info that doesn't belong in this topic.

@Blue Warrior..

I read that entire description. Im old school, but I know what looks good & what feels right Involving games. And though I liked a few of the 3D games ((Cept STH360/PS3)), I was aware that Im not playing Sonic. Im playing a game with sonic in it. And im glad im a fan of the old series for the right reasons. I just want the fresh formula back, as well as knuckles and tails in there respectful roles. which is why Im grateful that Srb exists.

I actually enjoyed sonic adventure two and sonic adventure. It was a pretty fun game to play, and the chao system was surprisingly deep. However, the games didn't feel like sonic games at all (at least the old ones). They both felt more like mario games rather than sonic.

Oh yeah, and you guys forgot a good genesis title: Bonanza brothers. Though it's boring alone, it's absolutely great with someone to play it with.

Orangelink said:
Oh yeah, and you guys forgot a good genesis title: Bonanza brothers. Though it's boring alone, it's absolutely great with someone to play it with.
That's one of my favorites too, along with Crack Down. Since Sonic day, tons of SEGA's innovative games get very overlooked.

(also in Bonanza Bros. it's funny to hear their painful expletive)

Sonic 06 was really the only Sonic game I don't enjoy.

As for the 16 bit games, I missed out almost entirely on that generation, so I'm playing catch-up.

glaber said:

I doubt you have even played it, I have seen over 25 people on youtube say that, then someone asks a question and he answers:

"I don't know, I don't have that game."

Sonnarkku said:
I doubt you have even played it, I have seen over 25 people on youtube say that, then someone asks a question and he answers:

I, on the other hand have played it, and I think the game is pretty bad.

On-topic: I like the Genesis better, simply because it had Sonic 2 (my personal favorite Sonic game).

Sonnarkku said:
glaber said:

Just because they don't have the game, doesn't mean they haven't played it.

Sonnarkku said:
glaber said:

Ohh I have it. I even bought Team Attack Amigo for it. The engine felt like it wasn't even finished, the basic jump attack doesn't work. Super Sonic in the levels wasn't Finished (Ref Sonic-CulT). the only good things about this was the quallitly of the fmvs and that the game erased itself out of the continuity.

Bigboi said:
This is what is wrong with the Sonic fanbase. This entire post. All of it.
The fan bois are what's wrong with the fan base. The legions of them. All of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back