JEV3's Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEV3

There and back again~
Well I have some various questions involving mapping that aren't answered on the wiki and may end up being too specific and too many to be their own topics.

|*| My map takes a 15 seconds or more to build nodes and I'm wondering if this is a bad thing and if so how to avoid it.

|*| This same map crashes when someone tries to join a private netgame with it.

|*| What is the most efficient way to make damaging water blocks return the flag to the base. {Workaround found, added 3d areas with damage and gave the water blocks return flag sector type}

|*| What is the exact vertical boost granted by the blue spring in frac-units.

|*| What is the (equation for) the exact value added to the previous vertical boost when resurfacing from water.

|*| What is margin of error when each individual thrust factor is factored with said vertical boost, with and/or without water.

The questions about the springs are just things that I've been curious about since playing Moon Temple and Starlight Palace.

---OLD CONTENT---

I am working on a capture the flag map that involves harmful liquid. The problem is that to get the flag back, you can't use temporary invincibility and as such it gets stuck in the harmful liquid. The harmful liquid does factor enough into the level for it to be a major concern and not a *if the player's stupid enough to drop it, he can wait 15 seconds* thing. So I went through and copied all of the water sectors and made the copies 3d areas with Return Flag sector types. The problem is that the flag is still getting stuck in the liquid and I can't stack sector types any other way without adding enough fof's to make the level a lagfest for some/most computers.

EDIT: D'oh, I just figured out a workaround. I reversed the sector types and gave the corresponding water blocks and 3d areas the return flag and damage sector types respectively.

---END OLD CONTENT---

OHHHO HHH i can awnser the one about the blue spring...

the blue spring is equal to a normal jump
it is used when trying to get outta watter

T_T now wheres my cookie!!

Slash said:
OHHHO HHH i can awnser the one about the blue spring...

the blue spring is equal to a normal jump
it is used when trying to get outta watter

T_T now wheres my cookie!!

Um..actually, that's not entirely truthful. I got the blue spring to propel sonic to the top of a 150 fracunit cliff. However, he just barely makes it, so I can assume that that's about the maximum height you can reach with the blue spring.

JEV3 said:
|*| My map takes a 15 seconds or more to build nodes and I'm wondering if this is a bad thing and if so how to avoid it.
Zennode sucks. Investigate ZDBSP.

JEV3 said:
|*| What is the exact vertical boost granted by the blue spring in frac-units.
Te blue spring is not equal to a normal jump. It actually sends you higher, although I don't know if it's any more than about 4 or 8 units higher than you'd jump normally. However, try not to use the blue spring out of water. It's really pretty useless when you can just jump yourself. :/

JEV3 said:
|*| What is the (equation for) the exact value added to the previous vertical boost when resurfacing from water.
As far as I know, springs are just tripled for the height they send you underwater. After leaving water, I'm pretty sure that you actually don't get any height from leaving the water, your vertical speed just returns to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back