Return of "Capture the Emerald" (JEV3_CTE.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEV3

There and back again~
Someone showed me a link to the old CTE wad the other day, which had a couple quick resprites and from the looks of it was unfinished. I thought I'd try my hand at making a CTE wad myself.

The emeralds that replace the flags have a beacon above them.

Yes, the beacons are animated...

When carrying the emerald, it hovers over the character...

All of this is 100% custom, except for the GOTFLAG gfx, where the orange border on the black background is the same as it is in the old ones, if you really want to be technical about it.
To make up for the fact that emeralds are smaller than flags, I added an animated beacon to go with it. The displays for the players holding the flag was also supposed to be animated, but limitations in the way the states were displayed prevented it from happening.

Some slight bugs are that the strings still say flag, as a result of trying to keep this to a wad edit to make it possible to use in netgames. The 'GOT FLAG!' sprite isn't animated for reasons stated above, but the other sprites for animating it were kept anyways.

Finally, the FFH download link: JEV3_CTE.wad

EDIT:
And the sendspace mirror: Mirror

Let me know what you think!
JEV3

Um, couldn't you have SOCced the flag to be slightly shorter, instead of stretching the sprite? Height edits are some of the simplest SOCs yaknow.

But nonetheless, just like the original CTE, it's a nice concept.

Requesting Sendspace Link

I was the one who showed him the link to the old thread. Very nice WAD JEV3. Impressive work. BTW FFH links seem to die at an accelerating rate. I sense Sendspace or something becoming the new main Release Site here

I didn't stretch it... I added a beacon. Besides, making it smaller would result in making a smaller area of capture, half the size is enough to make it a little harder to grab.

And to be honest, the beacon was actually added on a *that would be cool* thought rather than a *lets make it the same dimensions* thought.

As for a sendspace mirror, I really don't see why its necessary. Does FFH really refuse downloads? =/

It does half the time for me. IDKY it hates me... T_T

Sendspace however is 100% reliable on my end.

Technically FFH is dead. Looks like you were right CK. @_@ Uploading sendspace mirror, check the first post.

Mirror

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back