Network problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.S.

I searched for many topics net related but I still cannot log online.

I go to multi player and host my game, my friend types my IP to get on and we have no success. I even type "connect" everytime I enter my game, we did every variation we acknowledged to get online.

I may sound ignorant but I have no idea with what just happened.

I doubt I "ported forwards" or have the UDP...

no no no. ports. you have to open/foward ports. not port opens and port fowards. ports 5029 and 5030 udp should be opened/fowarded. also, if your friends dont live too far away, you might as well just do search netgame, and no need for the ip buisness.

I couldent host until i used portfoward. Once you have opened a port next time you host if it says "the server has registered on the master server" then you should be ok.If not then you need to change something in the configugation and change the master server nane to the defult 1.

Yeah, if whoever is hosting has a router or firewall, port forwarding is required.

Find the name of your model of router, and read the instructions on the website pertaining to that model.

Look at the box or the router.
Think it may say somewhere in the computer too, not sure.

I have it off. I don't see how that would help though, I reached the 2 main files for my Norton Firewall and I think I have time for the manual support, thanks guys.

portforwards.com, as I understand it, is just a guide on how to forward ports on your router. It doesn't have any downloads or any of that, it's just for people who don't want to read their instructions for their router.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back