Final Fantasy VII Remake? YAY or Nay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkbullet4you

Official PC Maniac
This one shouldn't be hard. A Final Fantasy VII remake for PS2 or PS3? YAY or Nay?

My answer would be YAY! I really liked FFVII for the characters and the story. The real shocking moment was when Aerith Died! What do you think about a PS2 or PS3 remake of Final Fantasy VII?

Not for the ps2 cause it died already.

But yea...PS3 or PSP. Reguardless it will look better and better than before. Im just waiting for the FFVII conclusion since dirge of cerberus

Yeah, a remake would be nice. PSP, of course.

Handheld FF7 would rock (I can already do that, thank you, homebrew emulators!), but better graphics and more bugs/features? Awesome!

Doubt it'll ever happen, though.

:SonicMaster: said:
Um, the PS2 is alive and well. It still sells tens of thousands of units each week.

From my view, it's already dead. Doesn't mean I won't play my games on it though.

and anyway, it's getting sales cause the ps3 isn't doing well, that and it has a good selling price.

Naga said:
Yeah, a remake would be nice. PSP, of course.

Handheld FF7 would rock (I can already do that, thank you, homebrew emulators!), but better graphics and more bugs/features? Awesome!

Doubt it'll ever happen, though.

Motion seconded. Crisis Core level graphics please. Tengu Man, Shame on you, forsaking a great console for an over expensive paperweight.

Didn't say it sucked, I said it's dead. Then again so is the Ps3. SO obviously Ps2 wins.

So i'll say it's a zombie for now.

mkbullet4you said:
The real shocking moment was when Aerith Died!
Spoiler tag was made for a reason :(
Also I don't like the idea. Square would find some way to fuck it up. If they decided to keep it true to the original, however, I'd like to see it done.

I think they may be making a remake for the PSP... I don't remember but that is what I saw.

They aren't making a remake of any sort. My friend is a huge FFVII fan and I asked him. He searched the web for a few hours and said they aren't, but they did remake the opening to showoff their skeelz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv8cYrGG220
To be honest I think they could've done better.

Chrispy said:
They aren't making a remake of any sort. My friend is a huge FFVII fan and I asked him. He searched the web for a few hours and said they aren't, but they did remake the opening to showoff their skeelz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv8cYrGG220
To be honest I think they could've done better.

I didn't say that it was true....I was just wanting your opinion, if you wished there was one.

I was commenting Jacy.
EDIT:
TrueTenguMan said:
Regardless it will look better and better than before. Im just waiting for the FFVII conclusion since dirge of cerberus
See the movie Advent Children.

Yea they should remake it because my old one broke (almost kill my brother for breaking it) and lets face it FF7 was one of the most epic and greatest FF games of all times

However, if they remake it they could turn something epic into a failure

it's something to think about and for the PSP because it took too long to beat the first game so being able to play it anywhere is sure to sell

am I right?

Methinks FFVII fans don't seem to understand.

You've always been able to play FFVII on your PS2 or PS3, so stop whining about it and pop the disc in your PS2 or PS3 already.

Now, for those of you who want a remake, now that's just stupid. It'd be a huge waste of time and money, because of the aforementioned fact listed above. Why remake FFVII for later consoles when it functions perfectly fine on the PS2 and PS3?

Chrispy said:
I was commenting Jacy.
EDIT:
TrueTenguMan said:
Regardless it will look better and better than before. Im just waiting for the FF VII conclusion since dirge of cerberus
See the movie Advent Children.
...umm AC was based BEFORE dirge of Cerberus, If I am not mistaken the time line goes like this

Crisis core-FF7-AC-AoC. Correct me if Im wrong.

If I recall, this is the chronology:
  • Before Crisis -- 6 years before FFVII
  • Crisis Core -- About a year, I believe
  • Last Order -- Technically, this shouldn't be on here, it's the anime OVA retelling of the destruction of Nibelheim and Zack and Cloud's escape.
  • FFVII --- Hello.
  • Advent Children -- Two years after FFVII
  • Dirge of Cerebus -- 3 years after FFVII, IIRC, I've never played it and I don't know the story, so I don't know if this is the conclusion or not.

And, yeah, correct me if I'm wrong, too.

Chisuun said:
Methinks FFVII fans don't seem to understand.

You've always been able to play FFVII on your PS2 or PS3, so stop whining about it and pop the disc in your PS2 or PS3 already.

Now, for those of you who want a remake, now that's just stupid. It'd be a huge waste of time and money, because of the aforementioned fact listed above. Why remake FFVII for later consoles when it functions perfectly fine on the PS2 and PS3?

Because it's more convenient to download it from the PlayStation Network if you don't have the disc? Or is that already a PSN download?

:SonicMaster: said:
Because it's more convenient to download it from the PlayStation Network if you don't have the disc? Or is that already a PSN download?

Is it on PSN? I didn't know, I thought people were telling me that it wasn't up.

[quote"Chisuun"]Dirge of Cerebus -- 3 years after FFVII, IIRC, I've never played it and I don't know the story, so I don't know if this is the conclusion or not.
[/quote]

DoC was suppose to be the conclusion to the FFVII series. But the secret ending when you beat the game leads to another plothole to be filled. So just like the "conclusion" to Halo 3, we're expecting another game in the works.

Oh and the game itself.....I would wear shades while playing it...>_>

You can already play FFVII on your PSP using POPs and your legitimate ISOs. Albeit, if you want to update the graphics, you're going to have to apply the Phoenix Rejuvenation patch to the ISO. As far as remakes go, I'd like to see one for PS3 like they did with the tech demo, but it's probably not going to happen so I'm not going to hold my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back