Recommended Map Editor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure

It has been a while since I have done any level editing for Srb2. I'm wondering if there are any specific map editors anyone could recommend to me. I have Windows 8.1 on my computer. I was thinking of going back to the Srb2 Doom Builder but I feel like it may be outdated. Regardless, any assistance in picking the best map editor to use for Srb2 level design would be nice. Thanks!

A lot of people (myself included) still use SRB2DB, since it's probably the most complete for SRB2 editing features. It just doesn't read TEXTURES lumps. DB2 and SRB2DB2 are used by some, but they have some issues of their own. There's also Workbench if you have the strange desire to use that.

Whichever one you use, make sure you use the most up-to-date config, all of which are on the wiki.
SRB2DB
(SRB2)DB2
WB

I agree with Enchiloid. SRB2DoomBuilder is a great choice for creating, editing and merge maps.

I remember trying Workbench once. I never really got used to it. I'm thinking of using SLADE for textures and such. I guess I'll stick with the Srb2 Doom Builder for map editing then. Thanks.

I'm using DB2. It has everything you need(exept some features from DB1) and it displays the textures right(which are currenty broken in DB1 and Workbench).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back