• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Difference between a recolor.wad and a good char.wad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sykotic

Alright, I'm going to try and point people in the right direction to wad.

Recolors- Barely any change to the sprites, often times a Sonic Sprite. Usually Stripes, new shoe colors, and some other stuff added, that barely changes the sprite.

Character- If you're going to make a good one, look at Senku, Senya, and Nitemare. A lot of people call them recolors; if they're recolors, then they're good ones. You should add like a Jacket or pants to the character. The editing has to be high-strung to be considered an actual character. Pants, Shirts, hell, even some sun glasses. Add a unique tail to the character.

Next, please, if you're getting frustrated with wadding, take a bit a of a Haitus, so you can recuperate. Work on multiple projects. I'm working on two characters, and a level pack. Don't get bored with it. I got bored with the original Syko.wad because I picked up on my artistics. Later, I realized my shading style was simple. I started True Syko to make a complicated shaded version, and we all know how that went. Now I'm doing Rivet. The other two projects are under wraps so I'm not telling you anything about them.

I get kind of sick of re-colors too. Unless they're good, like senku, and everyone else. I realy shouldn't be talking, because I do re-colors, but I try to actualy put time into it. If you do a re-color, than don't use the exact same shape as Sonic, or something. If you just change them a color, that's pretty much what the color choice is good for in SRB2 anyway. Thanks for pointing that out Sykotic. Annyway, I'm going to show of my crappy re-colors!!! Woooo!!

(Honey's gonna come back soon!)

Off Topic:

I'm doing a recolor too, but it's very simple:
GW70H75.png

Basically it's a single tailed fox with clothes, it's my avatar, still in beta form.

DashFox2007 said:
Off Topic:

I'm doing a recolor too, but it's very simple:
GW70H75.png

Basically it's a single tailed fox with clothes, still in beta form.

Well that is an acceptable character at least. Is that habbohotel I see for his clothes?

Chao Freak 1 said:
I get kind of sick of re-colors too. Unless they're good, like senku, and everyone else. I realy shouldn't be talking, because I do re-colors, but I try to actualy put time into it. If you do a re-color, than don't use the exact same shape as Sonic, or something. If you just change them a color, that's pretty much what the color choice is good for in SRB2 anyway. Thanks for pointing that out Sykotic. Annyway, I'm going to show of my crappy re-colors!!! Woooo!!

Those look very good. And nothing like Recolors.

Chao Freak 1 said:

Hell, THIS IS NOT RECOLORS, THEY ARE SPRITE EDITS!
And i do not think that they are crappy.Actually, they are pretty good, specially Rouge.If you are planning to do a Rouge wad, do it.You have spriting skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back