This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

cozyraf

Judge
Judge
Welcome to the discussion of Legacy Rafael. This is just for archival purposes so don't expect me to update this or give it any interesting feature. Anyways hope you like my first add-on for SRB2. If you want to keep up with the mod's progress then I suggest that you look on this thread.

Attachments

• srb20003.gif
    4.5 MB · Views: 1,129
  • Old VS New.png
    Old VS New.png
    3 KB · Views: 755
  • C_LegacyRafael-v2.6.pk3
    373.8 KB · Views: 455
Last edited:
This all checks out now. Welcome to releases! There's a complete sprite set here with support for the extras like a super form and the ending stars so it all works out.

Reminds me of those Angry German Kid videos that got me dead back in early 2016

Tried this out for a bit, and let me say: for MS paint drawings, they're suprisingly smooth! Something i didn't get was the "double jump for a homing attack" in the CSS, but I'm just going to guess you didn't implement that yet.

Tried this out for a bit, and let me say: for MS paint drawings, they're suprisingly smooth! Something i didn't get was the "double jump for a homing attack" in the CSS, but I'm just going to guess you didn't implement that yet.
Actually i didn't mean to add that text, It's soo old that i forgot about it but now that you've talked about it, I might put that ability to this character to not be just a sonic reskin.

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Reminds me of those Angry German Kid videos that got me dead back in early 2016
Lol, i don't know why you remebered that but honestly those vids are funny as heck.

well uh... these characters can be improved in the future, so there's a reason of why are here (maybe)

Honestly, im actually thinking of maybe update the sprites of my character since they are just Black lines around them, but for now that doesn't seem a problem, i think :/ I mean, thats why MB exists, to share out throughs and mods.

---------- Post added at 03:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 AM ----------

Comments like this? Not cool. Don't undermine someone's effort, especially when they are just getting the hang of making mods.

Ummm... Thanks for that comment MotorRoach, also your Animations are soo good and smooth!

Honestly, im actually thinking of maybe update the sprites of my character since they are just Black lines around them, but for now that doesn't seem a problem, i think :/ I mean, thats why MB exists, to share out throughs and mods.

well, yeah, but i'm also giving an idea to how this character can become better in the future

Just looking at this I question why this is even on the MB.
Speaking as the person to pass this into releases. This is here because it has a full sprite set and support for the extra optional things such as NiGHTs. Characters have always been held to a higher standard of what counts as the minimum acceptable quality than other forms of content here, but by doing so we ignore just how much work goes into fully completing a character for this game.

Submission guideline 1 is: "Releases is for files you put actual effort into. Submissions that are just recolors, basic shapes, solo sprite rips, music replacements, or trivial scripts will be immediately rejected."
If my response to someone getting into modding is to look at their file with 369 custom sprites in and say "I don't think you've put in any effort" I'd say I've done a pretty bad job at judging just how much work goes into making a complete character. The role of releases and submissions is to block out files that are made in bad faith (Plagarized content, troll files, etc) or things that have significant bugs that prevent a release, such as a level being incompletable or a consistent crash (which are usually honest mistakes and are fixed after being pointed out). And generally just making sure we're following a few good practice guidelines like uploading all images as message board attachments and providing a long term form of mod preservation.

!

There's always room for improvement, and as long as you can see where you need to improve you'll undoubtedly grow as a spriter. Really, the mere fact that you covered all the sprites needed to make a full character is deserving of respect. I've only got like 4 sprites, myself.

Have you thought of what kind of abilities your character may have? Even if you don't really know how to implement them?

I don't want to be rude but I really think you should have taken some more videos on shading and spriting prior to uploading this. It just feels like a self-insert character. Props for completing the sprite sheet, but it could be much better.

I don't want to be rude but I really think you should have taken some more videos on shading and spriting prior to uploading this. It just feels like a self-insert character. Props for completing the sprite sheet, but it could be much better.

exactly how would better knowledge of shading and spriting change it from being a self-insert? I'm sure there's another word for what you're trying to say because he already literally said that this is a self-insert.

There's always room for improvement, and as long as you can see where you need to improve you'll undoubtedly grow as a spriter. Really, the mere fact that you covered all the sprites needed to make a full character is deserving of respect. I've only got like 4 sprites, myself.

Have you thought of what kind of abilities your character may have? Even if you don't really know how to implement them?

Well, the v2 has a new ability and the next version will come with a new set of sprites! You can check it out.

Thanks, and bth, im making a new set of sprites with shading! You can check the image i clipped with a comparison of the old one and the New one. The old one will be renamed as the legacy one (cause the sprites were made for 2.1. but we're never released :V)

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back