• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Dr. Stephen's Lab of Shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrStephen

My PhD is made out of foam.
Judge
Hi, I'm Dr. Stephen/Zero The Artificial.

You might remember me from Character Releases such as "Eggman's Jetpack" and "A Small White Dog".

Recently, I've been playing a lot of Pokémon, even finished some games. So, I managed to start off my new project!
DKpf6fy.png

Yeah. Brendan. The Gen III trainer.
mUD0fLM.png
ECu5ZIc.png

Of course, his Backpack and his... Bandanna (?) change colors!
EG3c76r.png

you pale, shameless gold rip off

Right now, I've only done his front and back sprite, his icon, his Single Player Mug shot and his actual canon name. I'm quite happy with how Brendan's first sprites have turned out, and I'm hyped to see what I'll do with him. I do see him a bit too pale though, but maybe that's just me.

This is my only project right now, so thankfully, I will be able to work on it for a while. I also want him to be a bit of a challenge. My idea right now is making him slow, but with the ability to run. His jump is lower than Knuckles' jump, so I'll try to see how I'll make him able to get through... Well, ANY LEVEL IN THE GAME. If I can't find a way, I'll just find something else to do with him.

Any feedback is really appreciated.
and if you guess what's my fav gen then congrats, you have basic logic

I deduce from this your favourite Gen is Gen 4.

Anyway, time for feedback;
The sprites are not super great whatsoever, but they work so far.
Although I might recommand you to have the outline a bit darker for the skin, because right now, even his mouth seems to blend in with his face.
Also the position his legs hold must really hurt on the long term (try holding this pose yourself and you'll see), so I suggest you to make them closer together, also the shading they have doesn't really make any sense, why are the parts exposed to light the darker ones? That should be the other way around.

Over than that, I'm pretty sure this could be great to be able to catch crawlas and to make them battle on your side or that kind of thing! Keep it up!

Brendan's Skin Problems: Tan Edition

Firstly, I didn't even play Gen 4 lol thanks for the feedback.

Secondly, I spent a lot of time today working on more sprites and darkened his skin a bit and corrected his feet. I also made the full rotation sprites and his bored animations.

Thirdly, I kinda need to learn how to use Lua to make Brendan able to throw Poke balls at crawlas to catch them and use them for combat. I have more ideas than actual "skill" to execute them. Like, for example, I thought of making Brendan able to use HMs to get through different obstacles, since he can barely jump. Like using Surf or Waterfall on Deep Sea Zone to swim through the level and getting out of the water; or using Fly to briefly well, FLY.

Also, I didn't really understand the shading criticism. Mind giving me an example?

The Project 2: The Electric Boogaloo

Okay people, I know I've been away for a long time, if you want a detailed explanation, here:
Personal reasons, really.

After many doubts about the future of dear ol' Brendan here, and basically what I wanted to do with him, I've concluded with the following: Brendan is cancelled until further notice. My reasoning being that I wasn't very happy with the sprites I was making, and I thought he was a very dull character with nothing very interesting, since he couldn't do pretty much anything. If I ever get down to learning how to properly handle Lua, I'll probably continue him.

To make up for the little cancellation, I'm going to reveal something I've been hiding for a while. And no, it's not another Pokemon trainer... But an actual Pokemon!

Everyone welcome Dr. Stephen (Yours truly.)'s favorite Pokemon.

WEAVILE!
srb20018.png

srb20014.png

srb20016.png

I've been hiding this lil' bugger for a while now (Well, for at least a week), and I think it's about time that I showed you what I've been doing. Y'know, to build hype. Hopefully.

Weavile's sprites are half way done. She also has a Pounce Attack, where she throws herself to the Enemies. Again, any feedback is appreciated, hope you'll eventually enjoy Weavile in all her x4 weakness to Fighting Moves glory!

Fun Fact: Since I'm using the startcolor 160, this means I have to witness Weavile's hair and feathers colored green, which makes it look like an Oddish. Seriously.

EDIT: Her sprites and skills have been 100% finished! I'm just waiting for a certain person to give me permission for something, and right into Submissions it goes!

Last edited:
bump

Weavile is now in Submissions! Now, we play the waiting game and hope the Judges like what she has to offer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back