• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

The Walls of the Void (Map Pack)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mainly soc'ing. I am horrible at that. If you are truly devoted to helping me, I will give you more detail on Skype. (Note, I only have full access to Internet on weekends.)

whatthatsnotpossiblewhatusaying??? Only weekends?? Oh then that's the reason of why you didn't responded to all the 237 messages I leaved to you (No lie, I counted them all :-]).

whatthatsnotpossiblewhatusaying??? Only weekends?? Oh then that's the reason of why you didn't responded to all the 237 messages I leaved to you (No lie, I counted them all :-]).

"How many are there?"
"26, counted them myself."
"26?! BUT LAST YEAR IT WAS 27"
"But these are much bigger then last years"
"I don't care how big they are!"

If anyone can guess where those lines are from, I will think of a random gift to give you.

Prize should be a beta. :P

Well, the entire thing so far isn't one wad, its multiple wads that form one big map pack. When it will be released, it will be compiled into one wad, but right now, its up and down and all around, so yeah.

Your Tails Walker WAD looked preety cool in your Youtube account.

I hope you get what I am trying to tell you :3

Your Tails Walker WAD looked preety cool in your Youtube account.

I hope you get what I am trying to tell you :3

Well, that was the md2 I was showing off, the original sprites for that wad are god-horrid:

Compared to...

But I could give you the wad and lua with the md2. Since the md2 is more proper than the wad. Those sprites were made by a similar process as Ugly Knux. Taken out of a screenshot.
This was actually the first character wad..actually, the first wad I ever made, followed by Splash Hill Zone...memories.

EDIT: Also, I took this one picture for one of the possibilities to show the comparison between sprite and md2, and I thought these were funny. You know those times when you forget when you put certain md2s over certain things to test certain maps? Well...:

EXTERMINATE!

That companion cube, its supposed to be a snowball, a sprite which replaces the snowman, but I forgot that I had the companion cube md2 on the snowman for an old WOV test

Last edited:
It was that time again for me to update the Sonic Jam model, but I didn't know any good picture of the Sonic R model enough to make a good replication. Until I remembered the thank you for playing screen at the end. So, I made this thingy:

sonic__walls_of_the_void___thank_you_for_playing__by_ordomandalore-d7g4zq5.png

Based off of

The page on DA: here

I want to help. But i'm not very good with SOC's/LUA, but I can make some sprites if you need. For example, I made this sonic. Obviously he is based on Rosy, but with the middle quill added and he is Sonic. Also he has that saw-styled shoe in the picture you just showed:
srb20010.gif

I'm liking this mod's direction. Keep the awesomeness up!

I want to help. But i'm not very good with SOC's/LUA, but I can make some sprites if you need. For example, I made this sonic. Obviously he is based on Rosy, but with the middle quill added and he is Sonic. Also he has that saw-styled shoe in the picture you just showed:
srb20010.gif

That Sonic's shading has way too much dark blue. You might want to put lighter colors in there. And is it me, or do the shoes look a bit awkward from certain angles?

Yeah, I am not very good at this. Specially if the place to edit is so small like Sonic's shoes. Also, It's just the sprites of Rosy colored blue, a middle quill, the Walls of The Void's fancy shoe design and of course, simple editing and probably bad shading. I was just showing off how Sonic from this map-pack would look like if he wasn't a MD2.
BTW, this is building me a lot of hype.

Well, the model when viewed in many angles looks extremely similar to Sonic from the Ova or from the CD cutscenes. The fancy shoe design is actually a hidden easter egg found in the sonic jam files as a picture of Sonic, with headphones wearing these shoes. I figured since this map pack takes place after sonic 3 (post generations) and before Sonic Adventure, the Sonic jam hidden shoe design would be perfect.

If you would like to do the sprites, then I recommend using the Sonic CD sprites as a base. Here are a few parts of the texture that show sonic's stuff:

I also recommend studying the Sonic Pocket Adventure sprites, seeing how they were actually based on the Sonic Jam/ Sonic R model since that game is the game that leads the classic series into modern, sorta what the WOV plans to do, in a large storyline based style that fuses multiple great things together.

Edit: to explain what I meant on the sonic pocket adventure thingy, I took the liberty to make this:

Last edited:
Updated several maps, but most importantly, I updated storyline to make tails have a bigger part, have the doctor explain stuff better.

Tails now has a unique shoe design as Sonic does, it was based off of the same picture, but I decided to make it seem a bit more tails' style (I will explain this Saturday when I will post a picture).

The Tornado will now have a part in the story, but it will be modified by tails to have its look from the Sonic Jam art gallery. With all that being said, Tails md2 finished, Tornado md2 in progress (mainly texturing). The tails md2 uses components of the sonic adventure model, the Sonic jam model, and a few modified components of the model in the custom models section of the models resource.

Sonic and Tails' designs:

walls_of_the_void_character_designs__read_desc__by_ordomandalore-d7hvnda.png

(Page on my deviantart is here)

Tornado's design after Tails repairs it in the walls of the void:

25bc516a6fce5020b77cddc4924a36fc.gif

*Note*: Still under progress, result may change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back