This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
The glide is the same speed as vanilla. The momentum cut after ending glide is preserved in the air until landing in exchange for the crouch no longer stopping you in place. As for the other stuff, I'm not addressing mod conflicts but it's probably something with the crouch landing since there's nothing modifying the glide itself.

Nah, it's something else in this script. I really don't know whats messing everything up.
KATMINT AHAHAUAUAAUAHAUHAUAHUA
IVE DONE IT

It's the float fix
...I don't know what the float fix is for anyway
What the heck is the "power cancel" for anyway it just removes your shield why would anyone want that

The float fix is why... that... didn't work
the uh, knuckles gif or whatever

Last edited:
Version 6 is released. This update features another overhaul to the comet dash's wall ability, a rework for Tails's flight, and a new mechanic for Fang's gun.

~Changelog~
Comet Dash's wall jump has reclaimed its throne after being temporarily usurped by whatever that other thing was. The wall jump is now a single rebound which both gains more height and is more controllable than its initial iteration.

srb20010.gif
attachment.php

Tails quickly loses speed if flying faster than 20 fracunits while ascending, but can accelerate back to normalspeed while not ascending. Additionally, the ability to accelerate while tired has been removed.

Flight timer reduced to 5 seconds

In exchange for being for able to use the gun at any speed, enemies have defense against Fang's gun. Weak enemies take 2 shots to damage, strong enemies take 3 shots to damage. A hit confirm effect is added when successfully shooting a target.

attachment.php

Metal Sonic's thok uses dash mode frames

Fixed invulnerability from Elemental Stomp blocking instakills

Last edited:
I actually liked the way the Comet Dash crawled up the wall in the previous version, though this one is functionally largely the same so I don't really mind either way. EDIT: After giving it more use, I think I actually prefer the old behavior. The new wall bounce is perhaps more functional, but aesthetically I somewhat dislike how jerky the movement is; especially when holding forward to climb straight up a wall, the back and forth motion is a little annoying. The spin up the wall was nice and smooth. This is minor of course, but figured I'd mention it.

No comments on the Tails changes.

Not sure how to feel about enemies taking more hits to defeat with Fang. I think it's a good idea, but the way it is now kind of makes him feel a little too slow again. I keep wanting to double tap the trigger to shoot the second shot more quickly, but the cooldown is still pretty long.

I like Metal's thok using the dash mode frames. It's a nice touch.

Last edited:
Version 7 arrives. Comet Dash was tossed out in favor of my own flavor of double jump. The problem I had with the double jump in the first place was that the air physics are too stiff, which I is why I imagine everyone's custom double jump comes with instathrust attached. I decided to just modify the air physics instead.

~Changelog~
Sonic's new ability is the Arc Jump. It's just a double jump, but you can continue holding jump to extend your airtime a bit. It's pretty useful for maneuvering around in the air combined with the modified physics.

Physics for jumping, spinning, and springs have been modified. Jumping and spinning are both less stiff than vanilla. Compare revi on left with vanilla on right below.

revi.gif
vanilla.gif

Because I've been playing entirely too much Mario Maker, the cooldown of Fang's gun has been switched out for a Mario fireball system. You can now shoot again as soon as your cork has hit its target. This lets you shoot much faster in the enemy's face at the cost, of course, of being in the enemy's face.

srb20010.gif

Last edited:
The new air physics are fantastic! More air control was very much needed in this game.

The Arc Jump isn't bad at all, though I don't find it as interesting as the Comet Dash. It's certainly more versatile, though, and works very nicely.

The change to Fang's gun is exactly what was needed. It feels really great getting in close and getting both shots in very quickly.

Did you even read the other changes? Metal Sonic currently has Sonic's moveset because I'm experimenting with a new Sonic ability. The comet dash is also based off an old draft for a Metal Sonic ability I made a month or so ago, but I decided it worked better the other way around. The older version of the comet having three charges was an artifact of it being intended for Metal Sonic.

If you're looking for an actual Metal Sonic revamp which doesn't just dump Sonic's moveset on him, go play that. It's better than my initial attempt.

What makes it so Sonic and Metal have to swap abilities, just so Sonic has a new moveset? I'm just curious.
Are you planning in making a new Metal Sonic's moveset and putting the thok as a placeholder?
I'll try it out when I get SRB2 working on Ubuntu :v. Gotta give some feedback after I try it.

Last edited:
What makes it so Sonic and Metal have to swap abilities, just so Sonic has a new moveset? I'm just curious.
Are you planning in making a new Metal Sonic's moveset and putting the thok as a placeholder?
I'll try it out when I get SRB2 working on Ubuntu :v. Gotta give some feedback after I try it.

Imo Metal Sonic could have Comet Dash as a placeholder and Sonic have the Arc Jump. I don't see why you would remove overthok, that seems like an improvement to the thok, but I guess no characters will have the thok so i guess why not.

According to developer statements, it's very likely thok is being moved to another character for 2.3. Since Sonic is getting something else anyways I decided to experiment with his kit.

Last edited:
I don't get why if I add the jump and spin physics to an older version of the lua, or just put the changes in it's OWN LUA, that I get this 'end' expected to close function at line 1 or something. I've been trying this for like 45 minutes I swear. I mean you don't have to help, it's just I don't get what the error means.

~Changelog~
Sonic's new ability is the Arc Jump. It's just a double jump, but you can continue holding jump to extend your airtime a bit. It's pretty useful for maneuvering around in the air combined with the modified physics.
srb20010.gif
Whoa. Okay. This is basically the move I described early on in the Sonic's Ability Discussion thread, and it's really neat to see it in action. It works really well, especially combined with the changes to air control!

One time, in a silly video about obtaining the double-jump ability in an unrelated game, I said the following: "The thing with double jumping in any video game is that it's the coolest thing you can do. It's the coolest thing you can be able to do. It's the coolest thing that you always, always want to do." And there might've been a point where I felt that way about the Whirlwind Shield's double jump in this game, but since trying out your Arc Jump and increased air mobility, I think it applies much more strongly here. I'd be ecstatic to see this double jump, or an adaptation of it, be added to the game proper.

this addon was already awesome before,now it's even better! the air physics specially are amazing.

Last edited:
Updated to Version 9. This update overhauls supers and features tons of miscellaneous improvements over previous versions. I consider this mod "complete" now, so this is likely the final major update.

Thanks to I/O, I added a few console variables which will automatically save and load your preferred settings without you having to do anything besides load a map.

twinspinspin - Swap Amy's aerial Twinspin input between spin and jump. Enabled by default.
supersound - Play the super music while transformed. Enabled by default.

~Changelog~
Stopped air drag from applying in a few cases it shouldn't have been.

Fixed arc jump having too much gravity resistance underwater.

Fixed arc jump not canceling properly when forced out of jump state.

Double jumps now scale with z momentum. Compare these gifs of the vanilla double jump and the revi arc jump.
attachment.php

Made several minor tweaks to Tails and Knuckles to improve their flow.

Rewrote Knuckles post-glide drop entirely because the intial version was a buggy hack.

Amy's hammer frames now provide invulnerability to enemies and projectiles (but not sector hazards).

Automatic rolling upon impact with horizontal springs has been made exclusive to Amy hammering them.

Swapped out Fang's cork hit confirm effect with a more fitting graphic.

Metal Sonic will break spikes on contact like how Knuckles breaks walls on contact.

Fixed a few minor bugs with shields.

Force Stop no longer restores z momentum. This was more harmful than helpful in almost every case.

Rewrote the Flame Burst ability to provide more consistent speed. Its mechanics are otherwise the same, but it should be more reliable.

Organised and optimised the script.

Enabled super for all vanilla characters and added new super abilities. Each character has a "super passive" - a benefit that always applies, and a "super active" - a jump-spin ability such as the vanilla Super Sonic float. Open spoiler for details and gifs.
Super Sonic
Passive - enhanced Arc Jump

Active - Comet Dash
It's this thing again, but without wall gimmicks. Its base speed is fast instead of slow, fitting a super ability. Combine it with the Arc Jump for true air supremacy.

attachment.php

Super Tails
Passive - 50% more flight time

Active - Updraft
A weak whirlwind jump that gives Tails more versatility in the air. Pick up an electric shield while super to enhance this ability into a lightning double jump that can chain into fly.

attachment.php

Super Knuckles
Passive - Fast climbing

Active - Meteor Drop
An Elemental-style stomp except it doesn't cancel your momentum. Devastates nearby enemies upon impact. Pick up an Elemental Shield while super to additionally leave behind a fire ring.

attachment.php

Super Amy
Passive - Drain Hammer
Amy loses rings twice as quickly as other characters while super, but striking an enemy with her hammer will award her a pack of rings. Hearts spawned by the hammer while super will hunt down enemies to drain from.

attachment.php

Active - Spiral Jump
A double jump which reaches incredible heights but cancels your momentum on use.

attachment.php

Super Fang
Passive - Warp Corks
Automatically teleport to any enemy you shoot and gain a speed boost.

attachment.php

Active - Teleport
Teleports a short distance forwards. Can pass through solid objects, but not walls.

attachment.php

Super Metal Sonic
Passive - Infinite air

Active - Hover
The vanilla Super ability.

Attachments

• amy.gif
    amy.gif
    4.9 MB · Views: 6,088
  • arcjump.gif
    arcjump.gif
    3.8 MB · Views: 918
  • cometdash.gif
    cometdash.gif
    7.9 MB · Views: 4,911
  • doublejump.gif
    doublejump.gif
    2.2 MB · Views: 857
  • fang.gif
    fang.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 4,540
  • fang2.gif
    fang2.gif
    6.4 MB · Views: 5,348
  • knuckles.gif
    knuckles.gif
    2.9 MB · Views: 4,621
  • tails.gif
    tails.gif
    5.1 MB · Views: 2,008
  • amys.gif
    amys.gif
    6.6 MB · Views: 6,182
This mod was so fun to fool around in! it also gives people more things to speed run with! playing around with the super characters was the icing on the cake!

I love that you gave super sonic comet dash (minus the wall climb) since it was my favorite thing to play with. and now i feel contempt with this even without its wall climbing. still fun!

Fang's teleport is intresting since it can save you alot in zones like ACZ.

Amy's spiral jump doesn't feel limiting even though it cancels momentum but does allow you to repostion quickly!

Kunckles's stomp attack is good for enemy swarms or quickly clearing them.

Tails's wirlwind jump feels week imo because it kinda removes the point in using it because it disables the ability to fly without a electric shield. but as you states this is most likely the final version.

This mod is fun. -Deffintly not a user

That is a mod conflict. Metal's thok is supposed to look like this:

attachment.php

I don't know what else you have loaded, but something is overriding my mod's behavior and causing issues.

Attachments

• srb20000.gif
    srb20000.gif
    3.5 MB · Views: 806
Please make a separate lua with the super abilities, and make the arc jump super sonic only pretty please? I've looked through the code and i cant really find them myself.

I don't know what else you have loaded, but something is overriding my mod's behavior and causing issues.

I had Falling Animations, Triple Trouble spring, classic physics, and uncurl loaded with it.

I've located the issue as falling animations, and the deceleration issue as classic physics.

I realize all I've done on this thread is criticize your mod and never stopped to think that it may come off as me not liking it. That's false, I hope it hasn't demotivated you throughout the process, I really love what you've got going on here.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back