Md2 not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDoctor

I decided to copy my Sonic Colors model and change it's frames to be a bit more like Lost World, but when I tried playing with the md2 in-game, SRB2cb would crash right when SRB2cb would be turned on. Here is screenshot of what I mean:

This is not my first (nor best) md2 model, but I know from my knowledge that it should work, here is the actuall md2 for people who wish to see what the problem is:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3y832cp0h06d33u/SonicNew.md2

There is no actuall information about the actual crash I can give, for I do not know anything about the crash, or what caused it excluding from the fact that it occurs.

EDIT: Some more info about this md2 incase you want to know:

VERTS: 2268
Faces: 3592
Tris: 3592

According to blender, the model has 3592 triangles, and (correct me if I am wrong), the limit is 4096 right? So it should work in those terms.

EDIT2: Since I didn't upload the textures along with it, here are some pictures to show that the textures are normally in-place:

Last edited:
You'll need to give us more info on the crash.
All I can tell you right now is re-install CB.

Its only this md2 model that crashes SRB2cb. Any other model works, the second I add this model to the md2.dat file the game crashes. I would say more about the crash, but if I knew what was causing it or making it happen I wouldn't post this here. The reason why I am posting, is that the error message saying it crashed was pretty much it.

Its only this md2 model that crashes SRB2cb. Any other model works.

Are you using a Wad with the MD2? or just S/T/K?

I had the same problem when making a MD2 for a Silver wad.
but it had extra sprites for a "Soc Move"
So because the MD2s are made for any Char, it would crash everytime.

Any other "Normal" wad or "S/T/K" would run the MD2 fine.

Are you using a Wad with the MD2? or just S/T/K?

I had the same problem when making a MD2 for a Silver wad.
but it had extra sprites for a "Soc Move"
So because the MD2s are made for any Char, it would crash everytime.

Any other "Normal" wad or "S/T/K" would run the MD2 fine.

I have applied Sonic with this md2. No wads. There is some problem in the md2, but I'm not sure where, or what, and why.

Guess you have to Restart. Best advice I can give you is.

Do one step in making the Md2, Save, Run. If it works then save a back up.
That way when it stops working (Like wads ALWAYS do T_T) you can use your back up to "Undo" your mistake.

I know it's hard to have to sit and redo a Lot of work. but
If you really want to make this model, Just do it.

Good Luck =P

Guess you have to Restart. Best advice I can give you is.

Do one step in making the Md2, Save, Run. If it works then save a back up.
That way when it stops working (Like wads ALWAYS do T_T) you can use your back up to "Undo" your mistake.

I know it's hard to have to sit and redo a Lot of work. but
If you really want to make this model, Just do it.

Good Luck =P

Even if I do have to restart, which I doubt because I think there is an error that can be resolved, it won't tell me what is wrong with the md2 model to prevent this kind of thing from happening again.

The problem is you need 38 frames, not 34. 38 is the minimum it seems. 35 for life box, 36 for static life box, 37 for icon that comes out of life box when popped, then finally 38 for the end sign.

I believe there is a vertex limit of 2048, since your model goes above this limit that may be the cause of the problem.

The problem is you need 38 frames, not 34. 38 is the minimum it seems. 35 for life box, 36 for static life box, 37 for icon that comes out of life box when popped, then finally 38 for the end sign.

Actually the minimum is 34, 38 is the number needed if you use a life monitor or goal post md2, which I am not. Also the amount of frames don't actually have an effect of if it works or not. I once played as the eggpawn md2 I made for the luls which has 4 frames and worked perfectly.

snyder13 said:
limit of 2048

isn't the limit 4096? I am sure it is over 2,000 something (damn it vegeta) because I have another modern sonic md2 which has 2709 and works well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back