Lawn World Zone (Version 2)

It's fun enough, if a bit on the long side. It still doesn't feel very structured, though, it just sort of comes off as a series of unconnected obstacles in samey environments. The enemy reskins are neat to see, the boss was kind of a bastard.

I found a few errors around acts 1 and 2.
Act 1:
- Hole in the wall
- Platform moving in a triangle pattern rather than a rectangle - if this isn't an error fair enough, but it seems wrong
- Enemy embedded in a wall

Don't remember:
- Floating grandfather clock

Act 2:
- Misaligned floor slope
- Floating piece of floor

Attachments

• srb20012.jpg
    srb20012.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 176
  • srb20013.jpg
    srb20013.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 164
  • srb20014.jpg
    srb20014.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 169
  • srb20015.jpg
    srb20015.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 183
  • srb20016.jpg
    srb20016.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 175
  • srb20017.jpg
    srb20017.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 169
Thank you for your critique.

As for the length, not everything (myself included) is fond of the idea that all game levels nowadays be short and quick (as seen with mobile games). The mod saves after each level like SRB2 itself, so you don't need a 15-30 minute play-session to get everything.

As for the triangle pattern, I see a number of people by now think it is kind of strange, I will change that now that I know for sure how polyobject movement works.

I think the issue with the length is really the issue with the structure, there's not much of a feeling of progression across each individual act. It's more like just rounding a series of corners and finding that the level isn't done, over and over, until suddenly it is.

This zone is, from start to finish, a very solid experience. The use of fences as a stage gimmick is clever and well executed, and the zone manages to be open while still providing engaging gameplay. The graphics are, admittedly, very strange, but still well done. It's obvious you played to your strengths as an artist rather than attempting to force something that looks in line with the rest of SRB2, and the end result has its own unique charm. I'll be eager to play more zones of yours, should you decide to make more.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back