Sequel to Breath of the Wild

CyanS

Hey!
Nintendo revealed during their E3 2019 presentation that a new Zelda game, serving as a sequel to Breath of the Wild, was in development for Switch:
Reveal trailer

Discuss....

Last edited:
What? No WiiU version?

More seriously, I think Nintendo is really missing some of their audience, especially with some of these older-demographic titles, by not going multiplatform.

More seriously, I think Nintendo is really missing some of their audience, especially with some of these older-demographic titles, by not going multiplatform.

The whole point of console exclusives is that it pushes sales in the direction of owning a Switch.

I would personally like to see a Wii U version of it... but that'd only be to (buy the game legally and then) emulate the Wii U version on my computer, at an increased resolution and framerate, much like I can do with The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 1.
(I'm just assuming that Wii U emulation is in a much better state than Nintendo Switch emulation, especially when it comes to The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.)

But I am looking forward to it, either way. I've enjoyed The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 1 a lot. (I just wonder if I'll be able to keep digital versions of that sequel, Super Mario Party, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate on my Nintendo Switch and its small-ish SD card simultaneously, so that I won't have to repeatedly download game X to play X, then Y to play Y, then X to play X...)

Last edited:
I'm not sure it could adequately run on the wiiu at any rate. There's already some pretty significant differences in the engine that presumably are more thoroughly targeting the switch.

Not that there's a big audience to chase after on the wiiu in the first place. The vast majority of them will also be switch owners.

The whole point of console exclusives is that it pushes sales in the direction of owning a Switch.

I guess I'm in the minority when I really have no other desire to own a Switch than probably this game.
It's gonna push me in the direction of Yuzu, that's what it's going to do...

I'm super hype on this, although it'll probably take a while to come out. Breath of the Wild caused me to lose a solid month of my life. If they manage to do an even remotely good job of expanding on what they've already got I'll be losing tons of my life into this, and if they do a great job I'll be besides myself.

Also, SSNTails, I suspect you're in the minority on this point in being interested but not already owning a Switch. Basically everyone I know that doesn't only play mobile games has one.

Really looking forward to it, BotW was one of my favorite 2017 titles. I just hope we get themed dungeons this time around with keys and dungeon items.

My biggest concern at this point is that the world will be too similar to BOTW's map, which the trailer and subsequent comments from Aonuma have reinforced. A major part of an open-world game is the exploration, after all.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back