[Open Assets] Virtual's MD2 Parade - Sonic 2006 travels to Srb2!

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Yeah I notice the flaw in what I said right when I hit submit reply, but since I am communicating on a mobile device I didn't bother to change it.
Here I just want to reply "bleh", but that would just be a short message that could be counted as rude/not caring (plus there's also the 10 characters or more rule). And not replying at all would also be like rude/not caring, so therefore I decided to write all this silliness as reply. I probably broke your mind with this.

But didn't you said you were stripping the animations from Blitz?

The mode I gave you to download is really unfinished, and the animations aren't done, that's what I meant. And the reason I use my BlitzSonic animations it's because I can have a more detailed look of the animations in Srb2. For those about to make Md2 and have knowledge with FragMO, I suggest you make the most detailed animation you can and make the framecount smaller, you'll get what I did in that Colors MD2.

Also size will later on bother you, when you notice you are smaller then a ring, or about the size of a chaos emerald.

I can simply resize the model in Md2.dat.

Last edited:
you should increase the poly count on the SADX models.
Now I may be wrong, but I think the Sonic Adventure: Director's Cut models come from Sonic Adventure: Director's Cut itself, without having the polycount being manually reduced for Sonic Robo Blast 2.

Italic note: I really don't prefer using "DX", and SA Director's Cut just looks stupid.

Instead of taking simply the colorful one, I would suggest taking both the textures and fusing them together to create one mixed texture.

But that's not how it's supposed to be. The grey texture was used in a certain way to make the effect of fur, which was seen in Sonic Generations.
Quick-Look-Sonic-Generations-2.jpg

Plus, Virtual's one is much more accurate.
sonic-colors-wii-screenshot-3.jpg

"Gr_md2" is not recognized by the srb2 system. Why? Everything's set up properly...

11qs594.png

...I think. *puts everything in the md2 folder* nope, still nothing...

Last edited:
Um yeah, you might wanna take a look at the textures of your SADX sonic, all of the textures are out of place. It's so terrible, I shall post a picture.

35jfacw.jpg

I pretty much HAD to, since all i got were smooth white models with no textures. I'm really hating these white models, it just looks awkward.

Hell yes. I'm sure your animations will be better than my shitty ones. I really want to see what the finished product will look like.
Then again, you never finished the '06 model...

Thanks, I always was good animating, but if you practice moar you can be even better than me :P. Also, the polycount and verts limit of Srb2 is not enough to render the '06 model sadly. TheDoctor is working on a reduced poly version (i hope :PPPPP).

Thanks, I always was good animating, but if you practice moar you can be even better than me :P. Also, the polycount and verts limit of Srb2 is not enough to render the '06 model sadly. TheDoctor is working on a reduced poly version (i hope :PPPPP).

Yep. (Oh poop I forgot to work on that) *runs home to laptop*

You see, the 06 model has a perfect triangle count, however it's vert count is humongous. It would need to be reduced to a ratio of 0.17 in order to work, but with a decimation to .17, the model looks extremely ugly, that's why I am manually decimating it, to try to keep its original look, while having a lower vert count. So far I have worked on some parts on the head arms and body.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back