• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 Afterstory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcos

Marcos
One day I had an idea:

What happens after SRB2?

I remebered Techno Hill and said to myself:

What if it was returned back to normal? A simple grass hill?

And I decided that I would turn all of the SRB2 vanilla levels to an epilogue-like adventure. And the first step was rebuilding Greenflower Mountain's ruins!

I've been editing GFZ1 for a couple of days and while testing my PC started to lag. I added many "things" in the map (trees, bushes, flowers) so I thought that maybe adding to many "things" would lag the game. But I also thought that it's maybe because I have a potato PC.

So I decided on posting this beta (it's halfway done GFZ1, nothing else), for if you can tell me if it's okay. But I still got things to add. Making it a possibility for it to still lag

Please give me your opinions so I can edit it for better

(THIS MOD IS WAY FAR FROM FINISHED)

Attachments

• srb20199.png
    srb20199.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 442
  • srb20200.png
    srb20200.png
    74.7 KB · Views: 398
  • srb20201.png
    srb20201.png
    60.1 KB · Views: 378
  • VS_GFZGF1-v0.4.zip
    200.1 KB · Views: 160
I have an idea, make it so the first stage is the Metal Sonic race but backwards, and the same for all stages; like if Sonic and his friends are going back to the beginning.

Last edited:
But there's a problem with that. What about one way stages? Take DSZ1 for instance. It has some cliffs that make certain characters unable to go back. Or ERZ2. At the end there's an elevator (which is actually a teleporter). Or ACZ2's minecarts. I know I'm still able to change or add things for it to be possible, but it would be harder. However your idea is a pretty good one.

ERZ2's problem is an easy one. there's a door that opens near the end in the base game that let's you go back to the start of the stage.

Oh man, what if you made it so that ERZ is just completely destroyed? Like, it's all just ruins floating in space.
Deep sea in the space

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 AM ----------

It is good for alone in a part of GFZ act 1.
I would still like you to have alternative paths.
for is a 9.5 / 10

The reversing idea sounds pretty good actually, but since your character leaves ERZ in a pod, wouldn't it be better to start from maybe Red Volcano?

The reversing idea sounds pretty good actually, but since your character leaves ERZ in a pod, wouldn't it be better to start from maybe Red Volcano?
true.
although you would have to remove the ship and tubes from the end of RVZ.
where could the end signal be?

This are the news at 28/03/2020 10pm UTC +1.

I've only done Greenflower Act 1, (or as the mod is called, NeoGreenflower Act 1) and has been posted for a week already and no judge has said anything, they didn't even check it. So I will have to wait until a judge actually decides if it's worth it to take it to releases. In case it isn't, I will stop the project.

I will consider the idea of doing a backwards SRB2, but I won't promise anything. I'm thinking I will just dispose of the submisison and editing the rest of the levels and make it a level pack, instead of a single level.

I understand that all the people who takes care of the MB won't have time to check a simple level, and I won't hesitate to stop this if they ask me to.

This is all I had to say

I actually have an idea like this, but my map pack takes place after the brak fight. Its nowhere near done, but it features some new stages and some from returning games. Is it ok if I continue with my map pack or should i just scrap it since you are doing a similar thing to mine?

Edit : I've actually been working on it for a while now. It has good amount of starter maps and stuff.

Is it ok if I continue with my map pack or should i just scrap it since you are doing a similar thing to mine?

Dude, don't cancel your project because of my unoriginal idea. The last thing I want is to cancel someone else's project. Continue with yours. The "after fighting brak" idea is something everyone can use. Even Zeno with the Cyberdime Realm's story is after fighting brak:
After fighting Brak Eggman in Egg Rock, Sonic & the gang safely escape from the crumbling space station
There's no similarities with our projects (at all. Well, maybe there are) but It really isn't the dame.Yours even has actual original levels. Mine is just what I think that happens after SRB2 with the zones. It doesn't mean It actually has a story.
Continue with your project, and don't stop until you finish. The ones who decide if a "copy" (although your project isn't that similar to mine) is taken to releases are the judges. In fact I want yo see your project finished. I want to see what your efforts can do (to cry in a corner of my room because of the useless garbage I am) So continue with your project, never cancel It.

Thanks dude. Even though its really nowhere near finished, I'll be sure to finish it, no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back