What do you recommand me to record SRB2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lat'

Absolute territory where
Kart Krew™️
Yup, all's in the title...
I'm wondering what program I can use to record SRB2, I don't like FRAPS because 3 minutes = 3 gigasbytes and he makes the game slow down...
Do you have a program wich record correctly SRB2, without amount of lag?

Use OGL for Fraps. That seems to work for me. Any other recorder takes up that much space I believe. Get used to it.

Last edited:
Yeah what burning said. I would say ogl fraps would be your best bet, but you could try bandi cam if you want I heard that's still decent.

Fraps is just one of the best. Sure, it has a large file size, just compress it with a video editor before you upload it. As for the lag thing-no recorder will change that. All I can suggest is lowering your resolution, or not using OGL, if you are.

Fraps is best but Hypercam2 works fine too and it's free.

It has a good quality? (480p?) And how long can I record with this? (10 minutes, or unlimited?)

Use OGL for Fraps. That seems to work for me. Any other recorder takes up that much space I believe. Get used to it.

And here, you mean run SRB2 in openGL with FRAPS?

Yeah, USE OGL to actually record the game. It strains your PC LESS somehow. I don't get it either, but it does work. I've noticed a huge difference. :P

Should I run the game in windowed mode or will it work correctly with a full screen resolution?
EDIT: That's why I can record SRB2CB without amount of lag, I guess.

Last edited:
It should be fine with full screen. If not, then use window and see if it makes a difference.
Anyhow, solved, or...?

Erm, the record works fine with srb2 OGL in fullscreen, and srb2CB too, when my pc isn't very hot (but the videos need still to be compressed...)

Actually, I recommend you to use Bandicam - pure alternative for FRAPS. If this program is not registered, you can record a 10 minutes video with Bandicam. And video size by Bandicam will be much less than by FRAPS. But I highly recommend you to use OpenGL in SRB2. This program records only this mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back