The new "Post a picture of yourself"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't done this in a while...
This is me, playing my character at my LARP. Meet Vaen.
mebig.jpg

After a few weeks and working on this cosplay, I can finally say I am official done my Marisa Kirisame cosplay. I would consider making a costume from scratch art, but because this is a picture of myself I decided to post it here.

I still can't find a camera, so I used my 3DS to take this.

Everything is made by scratch except the wig, gloves, scarf, and bow.

The hat was the hardest to make honestly.

hni0005h.jpg

Note the broomstick behind me.

Oh and the ribbons aren't purple, but really white.
This Marisa cosplays is
so successful... also, even if I rarely have the souvenir of a Marisa with gloves, these look to fit greatly.
But through, you did so much Touhou lately I didn't followed everything, Hinote, didn't you received a cosplay for Christmas ? Maybe I'm just mixing everything.
But please remember that possess a large quantity of amazing can causes bugs, Planet Earth didn't solved these in Za Warudo v1.7.

Everything is made by scratch except the wig, gloves, scarf, and bow.
Note the broomstick behind me.

You must be very talented at sewing then, especially that japanese creations are so detailed~... was it your first work ? Did you have the idea suddenly, or did you used to sew since a long time..? Puh-lease tell me.
I can hardly accept to hear that this is "made by scratch".
Also I'm pretty sure you don't need to make the broomstick "colorated and all", Marisa's, after all, is... "just an ordinary broomstick" ^^ Keeping it clean like right now is perfect.

Last edited:
Hey Internet Explorer!

The gloves were actually inspired by an MMD model of Marisa. After seeing gloves, I just had to search for these gloves and out of no where I saw them at a store while I was actually shopping for Christmas gifts for several friends of mine. Lucky me I suppose!

Nope, I didn't receive a cosplay. The only thing I got for Christmas that is part of my cosplay is the "Alice Margatroid boots."
I simply cannot find any dress shoes that are at reasonable price, which results why I am using these boots I got for Christmas for my cosplay. Kinda funny, makes me feel like I've "stole Alice's precious boots."

I've liked Touhou for a long time now, I just never took the time to express it due to other art projects and school. Now that I do have a bit of time, I'm able to do Touhou related things. Recently around my local area, there have been a lot of Touhou events, such as Touhou Tournaments. The anime convention I am going to will be holding a Touhou Panel followed with a tournament. I guess it was a coincidence though! I get to cosplay as Marisa for the convention and play Touhou while cosplaying as Marisa. I'm also joining the cosplay contest, provided I don't get anxious once I get on stage.

Touhou in my city is actually fairly popular. Not too popular though, but enough to get recognized.

Internet Explorer said:
You must be very talented at sewing then, especially that japanese creations are so detailed~... was it your first work ? Did you have the idea suddenly, or did you used to sew since a long time..? Puh-lease tell me.

I used to sew 6-7 years ago, but honestly, I haven't touched a sewing machine for 6 years. It took me a day to get the skill back, but I used to sew before. This is my first cosplay I've finished on my own though, but I've sewn some basic things before.

I guess the idea came to me after a few friends asked if I ever would cosplay at an anime convention. I typically didn't due to modesty, but if I wanted to do a cosplay, I wanted to make it and not buy a pre-made cosplay. After a few months of thinking, I decided to create a Marisa Kirisame cosplay.

Just for the record, I was about to make Alice instead! I was scared though because I lacked excellent sewing skills. I believe next year I will try to make Alice next, just to fit with my boots.

Hehe ~ The broomstick is very ordinary and simple indeed. I wouldn't be Marisa without the broomstick. The broomstick is essential for a magician after all.

Thank you!

You do realize that the "new" in the topic title is a misnomer and that this topic is five years old. It's no surprise that many 5 year old links are broken by this point.

The only reason why I made a new version of the topic was because the original was locked for some reason that I can't recall. It might have been that the original topic was in the old HDIJ forum which doesn't exist anymore. This topic hasn't exploded into stupidity yet or died off, so I don't know if it is necessary to make a new one. *shrug*

Well, you guys are certainly the most Interesting group of people I've ever seen on the Internet, that's not in a bad way either.

63487622.jpg
late40sboldlookfrombelow.JPG

Might as well toss in a picture of me while we're at it.

Last edited:
I don't suppose you need more pictures of teenagers around here, huh? Disregarding the answer, here is me in my school uniform. Warning, large photo for average Western Internet speeds:
27897_130420753778508_1354782664_n.jpg
...and me, when not in my school uniform, from a group photo taken @ the RTV (Romanian Television) studios:
563800_170009509819632_1071719835_n.jpg
Yeah, I definitely need more outfits.
This is my new account, but I'm TheBetaFox. I'm sure at least a few people here remember me.

Since there was no Halloween thread this year, I'll just post this here, Tuxedo Mask! Bonus points for anyone who can name the sailor scout in the background.

aP90kWC.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back