• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Can't convert from Wave to Doom format

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're trying to convert to doom itself and not SRB2, then you cant do that,
you can only use MIDI in doom.
If you're trying to add it to SRB2, go to http://media.io/, and select .ogg, I'm pretty sure SRB2 doesnt have .wav support.

Last edited:
Root, Eva is talking about sound effects, not music.

Regarding the question, you need to tell us what exactly isn't working. Normally, after importing the Wave sound as a lump, you should be able to right-click on the lump, go to Audio and select "Convert WAV to Doom Sound".

If I recall correctly, you need to make sure the wave file is mono and not stereo for it to convert to a doom sound in SLADE.

I can't convert it, when i will click at Convert from WAV to Doom, nothing happens.

but i don't know what to do.
Open the sound. Then, go File->Export, and select "Other Uncompressed Files" from the Save as Type drop-down box. Hit "Options." Change the header to "Wav" and the encoding to "Unsigned 8-bit PCM." Then export your file, being sure to add the .wav as it won't (it doesn't actually know you're saving a wav, it'll save it as raw even though it's not.) Import this, convert, BAM! you're done.

Open the sound. Then, go File->Export, and select "Other Uncompressed Files" from the Save as Type drop-down box. Hit "Options." Change the header to "Wav" and the encoding to "Unsigned 8-bit PCM." Then export your file, being sure to add the .wav as it won't (it doesn't actually know you're saving a wav, it'll save it as raw even though it's not.) Import this, convert, BAM! you're done.

This normally works for me, but for some reason it's still not working at the moment. Do you think it's to do with file size?

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Sorry, it's not file size, I have no idea why it's not working.

Did you try the wiki for converting sound files?
Well if you didn't here's the link to convert to 8 bit mono. It should also say how to import the sound file and convert it to doom.

http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Sound_and_Music_Tutorial

You need sound recorder though (Which should be in every windows computer).

If you follow these steps it should work great. This is also good for character taunt sound files.

EDIT: I think this wiki is only for XWE but it should work the same as any other lump editor.

Last edited:
This can also be done with a program from windows XP.

As it is considered illegal to download a file system, it is better to look for it. It is from windows XP, but that doesn't matter.

If you can find it, here are instructions;

Once you open it, it may say something like, "There was an error updating the registry". That doesn't matter. What you do now, is go to "File", look for "Open..."

Browse to your sound file. When you found your .wav file (Sound effect), choose "Open".

Then, once you opened your file, go to "Properties" from the "File" menu.

Somewhere there may be a "Convert Now..." button. Click that, and on the drop down menu "Attributes", look for "48.000 kHz, 8-bit, Mono". Choose that, and then click ok. Click ok again and close.

Load the file in whatever editor you're using (ex. XWE, Slumped, etc.) and then convert to doom wave.

Last edited:
I'm not really sure we should be posting built-in programs from OSes. Seems kinda like a legal gray area not worth getting into, especially since Sound Recorder is, well, kind of shit compared to Audacity or GoldWave.

I know-I noticed that I had posted a system file, and it could be considered illegal.

In addition to this, I know that sound recorder is shit. But, it still converts the files. Not big ones, however.

I know-I noticed that I had posted a system file, and it could be considered illegal.

In addition to this, I know that sound recorder is shit. But, it still converts the files. Not big ones, however.

Well that just might be your version of sound recorder. It still gets the job done better than most programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back