How long have you been on Srb2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or even drag-and-drop on the EXE.
When I did that with Doom 2 it worked without fault.
When I did that with srb2 it deleted my gamedata, reset everything to do with srb2, ruined the resoultion for some reason and the music did not work properly.
But that was with 2.0.4... (and slighty 2.0.6)

I joined on 08-10-2008. But I'd been playing since 1.08 was around, at the end of its lifespan.

It's kind of crazy. A lot of us have been here for so long. And me? That's nothing compared to the oldbies who've been here a decade or longer. It's just odd to think that I've been around here since I was a dumb kid in junior high (I remember spending my entire summer transitioning to high school playing SRB2 and making levels), and I'm still here (admittedly, not as much as before, but still) and I'm in college and nearly an adult now. I grew up with this game quite a bit and even though I was mostly absolute shit at it, making levels in Doom Builder brought out a bit of creative elements in me. So the game has a slight influence on me, along with being the first real online & PC game I ever played and loved so much.

I discovered this little gaming gem only a month ago.

I was watching Zupersonic's playthrough of SRB2, and I figured, "Hey, why not give this game a shot?" So, I downloaded it, and played it. We have been best friends ever since. I eventually became A LOT better at the game than I EVER was.

That's my very short story. Now, BEGONE TO READ OTHER COMMENTS!

I've actually been around for a couple of years now, I learned about srb2 back when I was in middle school when I found it on a freeware site (which I now know it was stupid to take the risks of a freeware site), but I was a very faithfull player and community member for awhile, and then I discovered Minecraft. So I left the community for awhile, and now I've come back! Most people have the mistaken impression that I'm new. I don't know why that is, because ever since I left, this place has seemed frozen in time.

I just remember that i played 2.0.6 since...2011 3 years! i had much fun with the game.

Already I, began playing SRB2 with 6 or 5 years of age, I remind that I played with my brother and me was afraid of some enemies. I still began in a version a little smaller than 1.09.4, it was almost the same thing, I found in a CD of games and it was there SRB2. I think does about 8 years that I play.

I remember a couple of years ago I downloaded a version of Srb2 on my old computer labeled 0.70 (Think it was one of the demos, not sure). That was a pretty old version as Knuckles still used his old sprites and Sonic could multi-thok. There was also Chaos mode and pretty old levels such as Ring Lake, Zero Ring and Woodland Panic.

When I completed the game after 3 days of downloading it from a freeware website, I found out about Srb2.org and immediately went to download the most recent version, which at the time was 1.09.4, and I've been on Srb2 ever since. I actually still have my old computer and sometimes hook it up and play this old version.

When I was a dumb little kid that somehow managed to find the websites that held Mario and Sonic TGF fangames, it was about 1.08. I revisited it when the many versions of 1.09.3 were killing everyone's sanity. I stopped a little after the release of 2.0 because I was fed up with the community and game direction. I don't really play anymore, but I still lurk occasionally in case something interesting catches my eye (SRB2CS, a contest or addon that encourages me to write lots of words about level design, etc.)

tl;dr about four/five years + the two or three that I've been inactive. soo, about 7

Last edited:
Hmm let me think. I'm pretty sure my srb2 career first started in 1.09.4 when me and friend where looking for sonic fan games that had online capability, this seemed like a good option, so we chose it and instantly fell in love with it.

After eventually getting bored of it and forgetting it even existed, that one and same friend contacted me about 2 months before srb2 2.0 to tell me it was coming out, i got my grind on 1.09.4 again in order to get back into the swing of things, and then 2.0 finally came.

i picked up (i think) version 2.0.1 initially, and spent a good while playing that through for all that amazing new content (ACZ1's ending hurt me a lot back then) and i routinely checked for new WADs, eventually going to 2.0.4 and obviously staying there until 2.0.5, though i only heard news of that and picked it up when it became 2.0.6.

i only just a week or so ago got 2.0.7 as i had to re-extract srb2 and figured may as well give it that new egg mobile smell and add the patch on. So now im here lurking as always waiting for srb2 2.1 (or 2.1.1 or whatever it ends up as when i first check after its release).

YAAARRRRR!!!!

YOU KIDS GIT OFF MY LAWN! *shakes cane at*

I started playing SRB2 back in 2001 or 02 with Demo 2 I believe it was... Didn't join the (WHAT) community till late 2002 and helped with... um.. uh... well generally being a Kroze. ;P
Since then I have disappeared and reappeared countless times due to getting involved with other stuff such as the Red Vs. Blue website (oh right... I should get back to modding that place one of these days) and Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged (oh right... I should get back to modding that place one of these da... oh wait... nevermind...) which I kidnapped Rob/DarkWarrior from here to be my Nazi Mod Minion.

Ahhh good times...

My memories of this place are vast and great... who hear remembers the "good ol days" of skorne/shadow and his mods he would never let out of his own group or the infamous Super Mystic Sonic, WITH CD FMV CUTSCENES!!!11!! post? Ahhh... good times...

Now maybe one day I will finally have my Spidey Knux back to have and to hold once more in my arms...

Spidey Knux... Spidey Knux...
Great in one oh eight, but now he sucks..
Got nerfed in one oh nine,
bring him back so he'll be mine!
Come on! Give me back Spidey Knux!

<3

Now everyone should go NSZ2 themselves immediately!

Kroze Sexy Edit (TM): .... WHY IS MY AVATAR THIS!?!?!? WHO DO I BLAME FOR THIS?!?!?!

Last edited:
Kroze has returned. The community (or lack thereof) has finally returned. All hail the Wad Whore.

As for how long I've been on SRB2, I've been aware of the game since the freakin' Halloween demo. I followed my brother, Kiddo, into the community (or lack thereof) posthumously, I believe around the time of Demo 4. I didn't actually become "active" untill the Final Demos, and only became anywhere near a significant, contributing member of the community (or lack thereof) around the time 1.08 came out.

I miss the old days of drama.

I've been with srb2 for a while. Um first I accidentally found it due to boredom, and my beautiful baby sitter and I was simply looking for some sonic games to play. Pretty fun. I have no idea what version it was. I do remember ugly knux, but that was it, then had to delete it because my mother didn't allow games on her PC.

Later on in life I wanted to find that game again and stumbled upon it. I would assume it was 05 or 06. Beat the game and wanted more. So I started downloading wads, and enjoyed those too. Still wasn't enough for me though. Then like the typical kid, I thought "making a wad based off of a sonic game would be cool." So then I started modding sth360, as that was what I named it. So stupid... But I was a dumb kid. Like c'mon Hyper Sonildow???

Started to develop a little more sense over the years, and scrapped the mod, and restated a new one based off my skills of mapping and based on the sonic 06 maps. It was okay, but clearly I was starting to develop more problems for myself clearly not knowing how to code or anything to support what I wanted in my mod and eventually gave up because it didn't look like it was going anywhere neither. Better than my original mod, but better. So thought that's it. I'm done mapping... Wait, I want to make a level one more time. Something beautiful. Beachy. With a sunset atmosphere. And my mapping now continues from there.

To be honest with you, I think I was the most high listed drama queen back in the day. :P forgive me.

I don't remember you being a major drama queen back then, but I didn't pay that much attention to the forums for a while because of the WADBase sub community, when that was still a thing. =P

And I guess I might as well chime in too. Despite lurking the forums as far back as 2006, I didn't join until 2008. So nearly several years for me.

I used to be some idiot working on custom characters for the game, but I don't anymore. My expanding art skills were hitting the ceiling with the game's limitations, so I gave up on doing anymore art for it, and branched out in other directions.

Blue Warrior said:
holy fuck it's kroze

I wasn't around when Kroze was, but I still remember his posts when I lurked years ago. It's good to see everybody is still dropping in occasionally.

I wasn't around when Kroze was, but I still remember his posts when I lurked years ago. It's good to see everybody is still dropping in occasionally.

To be fair I mainly hung out over on #srb2fun where my antics ran like water. I only came on the mb to tear apart people who thought they were hot shit with their "mods" and brought back a dose of reality to things...
Like the Batman of SRB2!

:D

Ehh!?!? EHHHHHHH?!?!?!

No? Awwww... I'll show myself out now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back