Ever composed music?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've composed a few things, but nothing that serious. I do use a combination of Midi and Fruity Loops, but I lack the necessary samples to make what I had made sound like actual instruments. No, I do not have XG Synth, and even if I did, it still doesn't sound like actual instruments.

Once I accomplish this, I'll post or something. By the way, the first midi is corrupt, and that site has lots of adverts. Even with my popup blocker (the one as a plugin in FireFox), I still get a lot of them (as in, it shows how many blocked... and it's a huge number).

Ash said:
Once I accomplish this, I'll post or something. By the way, the first midi is corrupt, and that site has lots of adverts. Even with my popup blocker (the one as a plugin in FireFox), I still get a lot of them (as in, it shows how many blocked... and it's a huge number).
I only get one... through I can't download the files :/

I've composed music, mostly for Doomsday Pack. The trouble is... I don't know when I can consider each of them finished. Besides, I came up with one years before I thought of Doomsday Pack, and since then probably all of my music somehow sounds like that first one I made up, and sometimes I accidentally make some tunes be followed by that same tune!! And when it does, it takes a while to realise that!!

Due to my 'doubtfulness', I'm never going to be sure if they are good tunes...

For those that can't download the files from 2shared:
Wow, it's amazingly great how easy is to by-pass 2shared's security o_O (before you ask, no, I didn't hack the server, I just directly linked to the download)

As a matter of fact, Yes! I have composed (and played) over 10 tunes! 9 of them are for my MOD: ATH2008. Its easy with the program called Blip! and my synthesyser called Blip! So I'm a active composer. Even better, I still do it!

I can also listen to them on my MIDI mobile! :)
Soon enough I'm RE-doing my tunes; on digital!
If you're despriate for me to make you some, (Or "Simpily Request") then I'm a CLOSED FOR NOW book. So PM me and Blah Blah and so on...
NO BEGGING BECAUSE...,

Silver Moon, 3/10

It's incredibly simple, but we don't get a lot of music written in the Hedjaz mode, so that's a nice twist! It was all right. The chord progression, A(no 3rd)-Bb(b5)(no 3rd), was repeated throughout the entire thing, so overall, it was actually quite bland. Adding variety would have helped quite a lot; there should be a section where it momentarily breaks away from A Hedjaz and goes to A Minor.

If you wanted it to sound less simple, then:
It needs to add more instruments later in the song, and a bit more bass should enter in at either measure 5 or 13.
Adding a chord track with whole notes, a technique Zenkusa uses, would have added more depth to the song.
Add countermelodies! Using countermelodies is very effective at adding depth to the song. It's essential for making an uber-awesome piece.

Nice topic idea, I was just about to post the same thing. (:
Anyway, I compose music too, for my mod.
It's rather simple, but here's one of the songs that I plan to put in the game:

http://www.mediafire.com/?few9cnfqlzo

------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, and it's a totally original recording. It's not totally done yet and repeatedly loops in game.

A rating would be nice. (:

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
countermelodies
What? I don't understand those words myself.

Oh, and I do a little composing when I get bored. I've done about 5 actual pieces. I'm not sure how good they are. And then there's my awful Sonic Speed Riders MIDI.

RedEchidna said:
countermelodies
What? I don't understand those words myself.

Oh, and I do a little composing when I get bored. I've done about 5 actual pieces. I'm not sure how good they are. And then there's my awful Sonic Speed Riders MIDI.

Hedjaz is one of the Arabic scales. C Hedjaz would go C, Db, E, F, G, Ab, B, C. Countermelody can either mean "backup instruments" or it could also mean the second/third/fourth/fifth voice for certain instruments. A countermelody has a different tune from the main one, but they are created to be compatible.

Takio City, 7/10
Wow, this really is good! Just so you know, I'd rate the Flame Rift Zone music a 7/10.

So you have a city theme, huh? Well, in that case, it needs another countermelody (strings wouldn't be a bad idea) and a faster bassline. That's really the only thing pulling this piece down. The strong accent at 0:09 wasn't needed, though.

This piece does one thing that the FRZ piece does not: a non-repetitive chord progression. It would be a great idea to put in a high-reverb percussion track as well. You really have something great with this.

Ooh, this is cool!

Hedjaz is one of the Arabic scales. C Hedjaz would go C, Db, E, F, G, Ab, B, C. Countermelody can either mean "backup instruments" or it could also mean the second/third/fourth/fifth voice for certain instruments. A countermelody has a different tune from the main one, but they are created to be compatible.
Ahh. I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back