Hosting issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, Why is it, I'm able to join people's net games, but when I host one, no-one joins. I've used the SRB2 Net Launcher, and still not a soul on my game. What am I doing wrong? Or is it that no-one wants to play with me?
(sob sob)

Wrong forum. This is off-topic, General Discussion.

Is port 5029 open? If you're behind a router, you'll need to open it.

If this doesn't work, then you're like my BTHomeHub: Can't host anything.

Whoa! Wait a min. I sudden realized what that is in ree-c's avatar! Dude! Why the heck does he get to have that!?

Yeah, he showed me the whole thing. It's his thumb.
(Man, I really bought this off topic.)

NeoJames said:
Use the thingy on the FAQ, that helped me
the faq didn't say anything about it -_-.
anyways, i'm getting the same prob as aaronkfmaster: people never come to my game. advertising is on, i'm connected to the master server, etc.

Christopher said:
NeoJames said:
Use the thingy on the FAQ, that helped me
the faq didn't say anything about it -_-.
anyways, i'm getting the same prob as aaronkfmaster: people never come to my game. advertising is on, i'm connected to the master server, etc.

The FAQ Page said:
9. How do you host your own netgame?

If you want to host a netgame, head into SRB2, and go to Options, and Server Options and set the "Internet Server" to yes. Next step, get out of the options, and head on over to "Multiplayer" and then "Host Server". If you would like to have random people join your netgame, turn "Advertise my server" on. When you set that to On, occasionally, if somebody types !gamelist on IRC, this will be displayed:

Code:
<SRB2MS> Running SRB2 Netgames ([url]http://srb2.servegame.org[/url])
<SRB2MS> IP:  IP ADDRESS | Port:  5029 | Name: NAME OF SERVER | Version: 1.09.XX
Note that if you have a firewall or a router, you may not be able to host. To host, you need to have the port number 5029 open, and to be listed on the master server, you need to have the port 28900 open. If you have a router, you need to forward the ports to the computer you are hosting from. This website will explain how to do so with your router.
Depending on your internet connection, the netgame might not be as fast as you would like it. There could be control lag, also known as C-lag, which causes your controls to delay, or even some spike lag, where the lag just slows down the game for a couple of seconds, and then starts back up. On the subject of internet connection, if you are trying to host on 56k, dont expect it to run super-fast with 15 people in the game. Ususally, dial-uppers can host 2-3 fine, DSL/cable can do 5-8, and high-end connections can host around 10-14 without much lag.

You didn't look hard enough. I bolded the link that you need to click on.

Sonict

Vash said:
NeoJames said:
Ok....

When did Sonict become a mod?
Last time I checked, he was a mod two days ago.

Yep. Also, Shadow Hog became an admin a day earlier before I became a mod because Mystic happened to be away when I tried to contact him when he PM'd me earlier regarding the mod position that day.

Sonict

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back