SRB2Wii thread (v2.0.0 RC4, news update 27/11/2010 10:46)

I have a normal SD card, not SDHC.
What's Checkdisk and defragmenting??
EDIT: Just to clarify, everything that runs on there (such as MAME Wii) works perfect.
This just goes to a black sceen and the disk drive flashes once.
So no one can explain why this happens to me?

Welcome to SRB2Wii.

1. Download the version of SRB2Wii you want (at the moment I recommend the IOS version since that version works best right now)

2. Extract the BZip2 compressed tarball (using 7-Zip preferably). The resulting folder will contain two folders that need to be on the root of the SD card.

3. Copy your SRB2 data files, which need to be copied to /srb2wii. The SD card should be laid out like this:

Code:
(FOR SRB2WII/IOS)
/apps/srb2wii/boot.elf
/apps/srb2wii/icon.png
/apps/srb2wii/meta.xml
/srb2wii/drill.dta
/srb2wii/knux.plr
/srb2wii/music.dta
/srb2wii/rings.wpn
/srb2wii/soar.dta
/srb2wii/sonic.plr
/srb2wii/srb2.srb (or srb2.wad)
/srb2wii/zones.dta
/srb2wii/tails.plr
/srb2wii/filesystem.tar.bz2 (or filesystem.img after a bootup)
/srb2wii/swap (after a bootup, if this isn't there when you haven't run it yet its fine)
/srb2wii/base_config.cfg
/srb2wii/wminput.conf
Once SRB2Wii has started up at least once, the new folders /srb2wii/addons (which houses WADs) and /srb2wii/log (which houses system logs), and the new files /srb2wii/filesystem.img (which houses the main filesystem) and /srb2wii/swap (standard swap space) will be created.

Once SRB2 itself has started at least once, a new folder called /srb2wii/.srb2 will be created, which will have gamedata.dat, srb2log.txt and srb2sav*.ssg (config.cfg gets generated every time SRB2Wii starts up so this is never there, the base config file can be found at /srb2wii/base_config.cfg on your SD card).

Download links:
Binary (IOS version, for the Homebrew Channel):
v2.0.0rc4 (r6115) - http://repos.srb2.org/srb2wii/srb2wii-ios-2.0.0rc4.tar.bz2 (11.1MB)

Have you followed that. And don't forget the SRB2Wii music file.

Have you followed that. And don't forget the SRB2Wii music file.

yes I did. All of the files needed are on my SD, and it is laid out like this:
*Hackmii and Homebrew channel things*
Srb2wii>all files
Apps>Srb2wii>icon, meta, and boot

What did I do wrong.
Is the srb2wii's music file different from normal SRB2?

No offense but can I just get my answer as to why this is happening.

Okay, try this, move all files to your computer (momentarily,) format your SD card if need be, (if so, set it to FAT, although it shouldn't matter since MAME Wii worked for you...) re-download the Srb2wii files, put them on your SD card, (I assume you already have the Homebrew Channel?) and try it again. Note that some of the SRB2 files (about half) aren't in the download, you need to copy them from the SRB2 files from the computer version, as the first post explains.

It took me a couple times (about five) before I got SRB2 working on my Wii, but once it works, it should work for good. All I can say is, try again.

I have the same problem as Nickster99. I tried formatting several times and it really didn't do much except hand me the trouble of adding my Brawl+ files back on.

Okay, try this, move all files to your computer (momentarily,) format your SD card if need be, (if so, set it to FAT, although it shouldn't matter since MAME Wii worked for you...) re-download the Srb2wii files, put them on your SD card, (I assume you already have the Homebrew Channel?) and try it again. Note that some of the SRB2 files (about half) aren't in the download, you need to copy them from the SRB2 files from the computer version, as the first post explains.

It took me a couple times (about five) before I got SRB2 working on my Wii, but once it works, it should work for good. All I can say is, try again.
I'm no technical expert, but seeing as how Mame, Wii64, and PSXWii works perfectly fine, I'll try and see if your idea works.

Guys if your all having problems loading this game up on a 4.2V or 4.3V Wii.

Then use a SD card explorer. You can get one on the homebrew browser.

Once you find one. Try loading your game off that. And your game will then start up.

If it don't then your out of luck. And must wait for the next version.

Once you find one. Try loading your game off that. And your game will then start up.

Wait, you mean SD Explorer or something that comes with the HB channel?

Tried it...
How do I load the file? And which do I load?
All I can do is move, copy, delete, create dir, etc.
Is the most current version 1.0?

What file do I load, and how do I load it?
I really want my answer, please.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back