Mystic Realm v.4.5 (scr_mysticrealm.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, do I just backtrack once I hear the chime? Or is there a specific route I need to take.

This zone is hard with Sonic. =|

In JCZ1, is there a way to get Sonic's Emblem in that level? I have the other two in JCZ1, just not this particular emblem from this stage.

That emblem requires some skill to collect. You know where it is, right? You need to bounce on Crawlas in the water to jump high enough to reach that ledge.

It's kind of wierd. The Emblem that requires a lot of skills comparing to some other Sonic Emblems is in the very first stage in this mod. It's a good thing I'm not that intrested in collecting Emblems, I just take it when I see it...

It was actually on purpose that the very first stage's Sonic emblem is extremely hard to collect. In hindsight I think the required Crawla bouncing there is a bit excessive, but it was most definitely on purpose. I always liked the design of hiding stuff in the first stage that a beginner will never notice but an expert will find challenging to acquire. Gives the level something for people other than just the newbies, since the stage is designed as an intro to the game mechanics.

YES!!! It's taken me a while to finally notice this, but now that I have I shall enjoy it for... at least until 2.1 comes out! :)

That emblem requires some skill to collect. You know where it is, right? You need to bounce on Crawlas in the water to jump high enough to reach that ledge.

That's the only way to get it.

No skills = You are missing the first emblem.

Been playing this a bit and it's pretty awesome.
I got all the way to Sunken Plant Zone 2 with tails then i quit, meaning i'm going to have to redo the first act, but oh well.

got around 23 emblems, 5 emeralds with tails, tails has like 90 lives, etc.

The only complaint i have so far is that TVZ1 ends pretty abruptly for tails and knuckles.

Been playing this a bit and it's pretty awesome.
I got all the way to Sunken Plant Zone 2 with tails then i quit, meaning i'm going to have to redo the first act, but oh well.

got around 23 emblems, 5 emeralds with tails, tails has like 90 lives, etc.

The only complaint i have so far is that TVZ1 ends pretty abruptly for tails and knuckles.

I have 4 slots saved, to collect the emblems of Sonic, Tails and Knuckles.
And a fourth slot for the emeralds, playing as Sonic.

I've encountered a bit of a problem regarding Tails' emblem in Verdant Forest Act 2. It doesn't appear to exist. I've gone to where the wiki even says it is, looked at the screenshot, was sure I was in the exact spot, and it just didn't seem to exist at all.

To verify the find, I have checked the coordinates in the MAINCFG where it should be (I believe it's Emblem 17) and then searched for the area around the coordinates only to return to the area the screenshot on the wiki said it would be. Reset SRB2, and returned to that spot, where the emblem, once again, didn't exist. Have I gone insane?

Some of the Wiki's Emblems are reversed, at least the last time I checked. Sometimes if it says to take one path, the emblem is in an identical spot on the other. That zone has splits right? So check the other path.

Like I said, It was the last time I checked, which was awhile ago, before the official 2.0 release. All I know is that either the wiki was wrong, or the Wad I was using had it in the wrong place. (sct_mysticrealm20v5.wad) As of now the Wiki is correct with THIS Mysticrealm. Sorry if I caused you to waste your time to check.

I don't see why any of the previous ports would have moved the emblems randomly. They're based on coordinates and porting maps wouldn't move them.

It's more likely the Wiki is wrong. I myself took screenshots of all emblems, and I remember I had troubles on finding out some emblems by reading the wiki. The emblem's coords help me out a lot.

Besides, the MR wiki is unfinished and is in dire need of a revision.

Now, the emblem in question (VFZ2's Tails): http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/File:MAPA8-mysticrealm_emblemT.png

Sorry if I caused you to waste your time to check.

No problem.

Last edited:
Alright, I was able to locate the emblem by searching down the other path for the spot that appears to be identical to that one. Duplicate areas are so confusing... Anyways, thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back