Your favorite video game

Status
Not open for further replies.
As luck would have it, I was talking to a friend about our favourite games earlier. So have some miscellaneous favourites, in no particular order.

Dungeon Keeper (both the first and the second ones for different reasons, I feel that the first is a better game overall but 2 still does interesting things)

Deus Ex (both the original and Human Revolution)

XCOM (All of the strategy games in the franchise, gloriously difficult turn based strategy that really punishes you for failure yet is so very satisfying when you start doing well)

Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Platforming perfection imo, still holds up today and I always have fun with it)

Rocket Knight Adventures (Only the original, this is a blast and I find it endlessly fun)

Gunstar Heroes (An over the top festival of colors, explosions and bosses that constantly ooze creativity? Yes please)

Team Fortress 2 (By far my favourite multiplayer game which I've been playing fairly regularly since 2008)

Noitu Love 2 Devolution (See Gunstar Heroes, I have a weakness for this type of game)

The Wonderful 101 (I know this game can be quite polarizing, people seem to either love it or hate it, but I adore the crazy high skill ceiling and using the unusual game mechanics to chain together giant combos in the name of high scores. Also generally being super fun to play through initially)

F-Zero GX (Nintendo will never make another game about beating Satan then God in a race.)

Rocket Knight Adventures (Only the original, this is a blast and I find it endlessly fun)

Gunstar Heroes (An over the top festival of colors, explosions and bosses that constantly ooze creativity? Yes please)

Good taste. I'm more partial to Dynamite Headdy than Gunstar Heroes though.

Favorite? Perhaps these: Aquaria, Terraria, Minecraft, Rune Factory 4, and Ocarina of Time 3D.

As a child I was really into Loderunner: The Legend Returns, Link's Awakening DX, and Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

I don't do multiplayer much, but my favorite multiplayer experiences were playing TOU (Tunnels of the Underworld) and OpenLieroX with my brother.

Had to sit and think about what games I considered my favorites but at least I tried.

Cave Story for sure, I probably have at least 5 copies of that lying around on different game systems...

Klonoa: Door to Phantomile and Lunatea's Veil are just pure masterpieces in my opinion.

Ape Escape: Pumped and Primed. While it's definitely not the best multiplayer brawl-fest out there I actually had quite a lot of fun with just me and my younger sister.

Descent for the PC, the first one. Can't get over the Thief-Bot constantly stealing your weapons in the second one and I simply haven't played the third one.

Would I be cheating if I said SRB2? It's honestly eaten up so much of my time just from the amounts of replayability found in wads and such.

Cave Story, since I played it so much a while back
Super Smash Brothers Melee, Mario Kart Double Dash, Metroid Prime, and SADX

For PC games, I have TF2, CSGO, CSS, HL2 and its episodes, HL1, Sonic Generations, Borderlands 2, Killing Floor, L4D1, Super Meat Boy, and VVVVVV. That's all I can remember right now.

Still think S3&K is one of my favorite games. Close second is NiGHTS, even though I just recently got it. I also love Gunstar Heroes, Dynamite Headdy, Cave Story, TF2, and Smash Bros.

You know, just typical stuff that's been mentioned already.

My favorite Sonic game has to be CD, despite it's piss-easy boss lineup.

As for non-Sonic, I enjoy Jet Set Radio, TF2, Dark Cloud, Ratchet and Clank, Metroid, Zelda, Smash Bros, Assassins Creed, the N64 Banjo-Kazooie games... must I go on?

EDIT: Sonic100000's comment made me remember I also like Gunstar Heroes, BattleToads, Ristar, Altered Beast, Bonanza Bros, and many other genesis games.

Last edited:
I got the eshop 3DS version, which seems to be the most superior?

I know that the purchasable PC version and the Wii version had upgraded graphics and music (two different sets of music for both), and they also have a small amount of extra content. Oh, and the 3DS obviously has models for everything. Besides that, most versions of Cave Story are the same gameplay wise.

Personally I'd say the purchasable PC version is the most superior as it just boasts so much content, but having Cave Story in your hand is definitely a plus.

Okay, so... right this minute:

1. Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z - In the short amount of time I've played this, I've been absolutely blown away because of how fun it is to play online. And that's just the demo which I've been playing.

2. Sonic Robo Blast 2 - What is a social life?

3. Resident Evil 5 - Punching zombies through doors and blowing mutants up with rocket launchers is really fun. :P

4. Grand Theft Auto 5 - Need I explain?

5. Garry's Mod - Probably one of my favourite games of all time, if not second favourite of all time, because honestly, this has eaten up so much of my time (more than SRB2) and I've found it so enjoyable to play on it's unreal. It's gotten a bit crappy now, which is why it's so low down on THIS list.

Well, mine's SRB2, Sonic Riders, Minecraft (whatever, i have PE!), Gmod (BUT, i don't have it, :(), Slender (i know, it is odd, Salom Adventure and Pokemon Creepy Black (HEHEHE! Sorry).

I will show these in images

super-smash-bros-wii-u-and-3ds-logo.jpg

Download-Mario-Kart-8.jpg

I get that these aren't out yet but....

Of all the games I've played, Aquaria is the one I've most strongly wanted to re-play. It's an amazing 2D shooter with quite an atmosphere. I thought the game was boring when it had just introduced the singing and cooking features... but then the world started trying to kill me, and then I learned how to fight back.

featured-0004.jpg

aq-screen04.jpg

More images:
Giant turtles help transport you places:
Aquaria_-_Screenshot_01.jpg

Giant gods try to kill you:
839524-588094.jpeg

Just look at that great big world!
839224-aquariamap1.jpg

Random artwork based on the game:
animu.ru-aquaria-(1280x1024)-wallpaper-003.jpg

Well, gonna show some of the games I like so far.

SRB2. Need to explain, dear Sonic Team Junior?
GTA Saga.
Megaman Zero Saga.
DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi Saga.
Pokemon Ruby-Sapphire~Black-White.
Dynasty-Samurai Warriors Saga.
Warriors Orochi Saga.
Smash Bros saga.
Ikaruga.
Digimon World Championship. Jeez, I love that game so far...
Sonic Advance Saga.
Mario Kart Saga.
Sonic Riders Saga.
ALL CLASSIC SONIC GAMES SAGA. Yup, from Sonic 1 to S3&K. No need to explain why.
Audiosurf.
Electroplankton.
Peggle Saga.
Doom Saga.
All Classic Sonic games hacks coming onto mind right now.

My favourite Sonic games are:
1. Sonic The Hedgehog 2> my favourite nostalagia Sonic Game.
2. Sonic Adventure DX> this game is created= i started teh life :D
3. Sonic Generations> nice mix Sonic Game :D
4. Sonic Unleashed> The Most Challenger Game of Sonic :D
EDIT: And 5: Sonic Robo Blast 2> Nice Challenge Game

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back