[CTF] Trainstop Station

[CTF] Trainstop Station 1.0

GomaTheMascar

all that I am is just to make ya, yeah
Hello, this is a CTF map for ringslinger (ringslinger I know xd, but you can play with battle if you want of course) based again on another map from TF2, but this one turned out quite different from the original map...

It features trains, so you can take a ride on them!... Or be killed by them too.

I have been working on this for way more time than I thought I would, a lot of stuff changed, so im happy im finally done with this.

Credits:
Seaballer for the level name because I am that bad at choosing names for levels xd
Xelork for making the nice looppoint of the music (here is the music:
)
The people at the "srb2 community server" community server and closer friends for playtesting the map

Have fun :)

Supporters / Co-Authors:

Attachments

• srb20824.jpg
    srb20824.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 500
  • srb20825.jpg
    srb20825.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 427
  • srb20826.jpg
    srb20826.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 370
  • srb20827.jpg
    srb20827.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 324
  • srb20828.jpg
    srb20828.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 327
  • F_TrainstopStation-v1.rar
    1.3 MB · Views: 531
Last edited by a moderator:
Great job! This is an extremely pretty and nostalgic map. Maneuvering around was a bit confusing at first, but overall the map transitioned well to the srb2 engine. I'd prefer if the openable doors were more obviously openable when compared to the doors that do not open. Just wondering, though: why is it enabled for Match and Tag?

Great job! This is an extremely pretty and nostalgic map. Maneuvering around was a bit confusing at first, but overall the map transitioned well to the srb2 engine. I'd prefer if the openable doors were more obviously openable when compared to the doors that do not open. Just wondering, though: why is it enabled for Match and Tag?

Thanks! I will try to do something to differentiate the doors that open and the ones that do not open, and I thought that the BIG map could last for too long in CTF if there weren't enough players, so I thought it could fit well for Match and Tag... and I also thought it wouldn't hurt to have these other gamemodes playable :)

wait this uses dm_wiseau music

you could just grab the audio file from open fortress itself which is already made to loop rather than making the loop point yourself

As a Team Fortress 2 fan, I say this level is awesome. I didn't really like that you changed the original map theme, but okay, that's your right.
In terms of scenery, this level was great. The textures are gorgeous. I remember that you did ctf_turbine and I really liked it too!
I didn't really like the train. It seems to me that he passes too often.
Unfortunately, I could not check it out fully. Because it lags a lot in the center. But these are my problems.

That map was very good! It resembles TF2 a lot and is very exploitable. But, as it is an explorable, open and detail-rich map, it can end up being a bit confusing at first, but that does not detract from the fun of the game in any way.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back