1.09.4 Weapon System

[Open Assets] 1.09.4 Weapon System 2.1

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

clairebun

Community Noise Maker
Sonic Team Junior
This is a direct port of LJ Sonic's final demo-based weapon system from 2.1. Minimal changes have been made outside of fixing compatibility issues with 2.2.

The final demo maps associated with the original release have also been ported and can be found here.

• Weapon pickups have been stylized after 1.09.4's weapon system, i.e. there are no "weapon panels" or "weapon ammo", only weapon rings. By default, weapon rings will appear wherever weapon panels are placed, and weapon pickup spawn locations will be unused.
  • All weapon ring powerups are time-based, rather than ammo based. Infinity ring grants 15 seconds of use, while all other weapon rings grant 45 seconds of use.
  • Weapon rings are more akin to stacking powerups rather than standalone weapons. In other words, collecting the automatic ring and explosion ring will allow you to rapid-fire rings which explode on impact.

Not all weapon combinations are possible, specifically with regard to bounce and grenade rings. As of writing, I don't have enough time to fill in the gaps myself, but if anyone wants to take a stab at the weapon combos, I can include their modifications in a future update.

Console Variables
manyweapons: When on, all weapon ammos will spawn. Defaults to off.
oldexplosions: When on, bombs and grenades explode in a 1.09.4 fashion. Defaults to on.

Attachments

• srb20020.gif
    srb20020.gif
    3.6 MB · Views: 825
Last edited:
Welcome to releases! I'd also recommend putting a link to this in your 1.09.4 maps pack and vice-versa, since they're clearly compliment eachother.

1. This could go good with your map pack (like D00D64 suggested)
2. This could also go good with SSNSonic if it was supported

Um... not really sure if Knuckles shoots as slow as the others back in the 1.09.4 days.

Attachments

• srb20000.gif
    6 MB · Views: 371
  • srb20001.gif
    3.3 MB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Nice, This will be a good way to experience pre-2.x multiplayer without having to go through the trouble of changing ports and inviting friends manually, since the master server doesn't support those older versions of the game. much appreciated.

Jesus, this pack gives me PTSD... Anywho, good job Cobalt! I haven't played the entirety of this, but I will give a proper review when I have time.

I don't know if this was something I did, or something with the code, but for some reason the infinity ring doesn't work.
srb20000.gif

turns out the problem is with the code in my mod and not the code on its own

Last edited:
I don't know if this is intentional or not, but grenade rings instantly kill other players when thrown, even if they have a shield or rings.

I looked into it, and I found out it was because MT_THROWNGRENADE's mass was changed to 200. The game interprets this as a damagetype with DMG_DEATHMASK, causing the insta-kill behavior.

srb20104.gif

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back