Resource icon

Rebellious Music Pack (NSF Custom Songs)

ThatOneGamingDude // T1GD

ThatOneGamingDude // T1GD
So, I like to make music using FamiTracker. It's super easy to do. I decided to make a music pack using FamiTracker with the VRC6 expansion chip. I decided to separate the mod into waves as I progress. So without further ado, I'll introduce the songs.

Wave 1

Lump: GFZ1
Usage: Greenflower Zone, Act 1
Song: SRB2 Pre-2.2 - Greenflower Zone, Act 1
Description: I first heard this version of Greenflower in ROBLOX, long before I started playing SRB2, and it's my favorite version of the song.

Lump: VSBOSS
Usage: Act 3 Boss
Song: Original Composition - Square Up!
Description: For the longest time, I've never been able to make an original composition, and then suddenly I'm able to. I don't know how that computes, but this is my first original composition, so that's cool brother.

Lump: _CLEAR
Usage: Act Clear
Song: SwapNote - 3DS Menu Jingle
Description: I loved this game on my 3DS, I found it interesting how Nikki, the main character of SwapNote, was in Super Mario Maker, and they even found a way to put Nikki in Smash Bros!

Wave 2

Lump: TUTORL
Usage: Tutorial
Song: Geometry Dash - Stay Inside Me (Practice Mode)
Description: I made a short version of this because I was lazy at that point in time. I'll make a longer version when I get around to doing so.

Lump: CEZR
Usage: Castle Eggman Act 1 - Bridge Collapse
Song: Original Composition - We've Gotta Up Our Game!
Description: I had so much fun composing "Square Up!" that I figured I'd make more. I went for a "This is gonna get dangerous real quick" approach that could also double up for a "We're losing out, we have to make a comeback now" approach.

Wave 3

Lump: GFZ2
Usage: Greenflower Zone, Act 2
Song: SRB2 2.2 Greenflower Zone, Act 1 (Exerpt)
Description: Yeah, you read that right. I didn't have the patience to actually finish the whole song, so the end is just improvisation.

Lump: _INV
Usage: Invincibility
Song: Original Composition - A Million Bison Can't Stop Me Now!
Description: Well, actually, this is heavy inspired by Cheap Trick's "Dream Police," during the solo.

Lump: _SHOES
Usage: Speed Shoes
Song: Run 2 - Main Theme
Description: I had some struggle with this one; the song kept freezing frequently, but that's because I wasn't aware that NSFs could only go so fast. And changing the tempo didn't do anything anyway, so...

Wave 4

Lump: _1UP
Usage: Extra Life
Song: F-Zero GX / AX - Finish to Go!
Description: ALRIGHT! FIRST PLACE!

Lump: _SUPER
Usage: Super Sonic / Super Tails / Super Knuckles
Song: Ted Nugent - Cat Scratch Fever
Description: I was originally planning to use this for a boss battle, either Metal Sonic or the final boss, but then I got my mother's opinion, and she suggested that I go this route, and I think it fits, so that's cool.

Wave 5

Lump: DSZ1
Usage: Deep Sea Zone, Act 1
Song: Super Mario 64 - Dire Dire Docks (Calm Mix)
Description: Me: I'm going to use Aquarium Park. Also Me: Okay, so I'm lying. Jokes aside, I WAS planning on using Aquarium Park, but then I heard a Bossa Nova-styled remix of this, and I thought this would be better. Also, I started this project at around 3:37 AM this morning.

Lump: DSZ2
Usage: Deep Sea Zone, Act 2
Song: Super Mario 64 - Dire Dire Dock (Peppy Mix)
Description: Basically the Calm Mix, just with percussion.

Wave 6

Lump: VSMETL
Usage: VS. Metal Sonic
Song: Original Composition - Try Me!
Description: I didn't have the motive to make another track for this wave, but since a lot of people look forward to this mod's progress, I'll submit to the will of the majority.

Planned for the next wave:

Usage: Castle Eggman Zone, Act 1
Song: Sonic and the Black Knight - Castle Camelot

Usage: Continue?
Song: Riddle Transfer - En Bombe I Din Lomme

Attachments

• O_RebelliousMusicPack-V6.zip
    19.6 KB · Views: 619
Last edited:
Oh hey, another person who makes chiptune music! I'm looking forward to seeing how this mod plays out, especially the original compositions. I think the 8-bit cover you used for GFZ1 sounds a little empty, but the original composition you used for the Eggman battles is really cool.

Oh hey, another person who makes chiptune music! I'm looking forward to seeing how this mod plays out, especially the original compositions. I think the 8-bit cover you used for GFZ1 sounds a little empty, but the original composition you used for the Eggman battles is really cool.

Thanks for your feedback! It's cool that we both have the same musical interest.

I do agree that GFZ1 sounds empty. This was semi-intentional (I guess). There are two reasons for this.
1) I didn't fully understand how to make the kicks and snares sound very punchy at the time of making this. After opening up a couple of Mega Man Maker NSFs (Blast Man in particuar), I got a grip of how this got done.
2) Greenflower Zone, Act 1 Pre-2.2 has a calm feel to it, as opposed to 2.2's peppy feel.

GFZ2 will sound a lot better, and once it's done, I will release Wave 3. It shouldn't take long, so look forward to that. Again, thanks for your feedback!

I wonder why the Music is MIDI Music. Because for Mobile Players, They Can't Hear The Music. Can you change it or not

I really like these! Although I think the choice for the Invincibility music is weird. I especially love what you did with an Act 2 version of Dire Dire Docks.

I wonder why the Music is MIDI Music. Because for Mobile Players, They Can't Hear The Music. Can you change it or not

These aren't MIDIs, these are NSFs. You need a program/plugin that can actually play NSF files. You could probably find one on the Play Store.

Wave 6 when?!!
latest

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back