Need Help (SRB2 Kart) Custom Character Voice Lines Are Too Quiet

I've been making a simple Scourge character mod for SRB2 Kart, but all the .ogg sound clips I imported are extremely quiet in game. The clips were edited in Audacity and exported as OGG Vorbis and play correctly during play tests, its just the volume that isn't correct for some reason.

I tried amplifying the clips in Audacity but had no noticeable change in volume. Did I do something wrong with my file exports or is there some step I'm missing that makes them the correct volume?

As a note: when previewing in Slade the lines sound no different from the lines used in other character .pk3 files I have on hand. Any insight would really help here.

*Update*

I managed to find some extra audio tools and settings to mess with that seem to have fixed the issue.

Last edited:
Is your in-game volume for sound effects/character voices low? That could be the reason why they sound quiet.

When you said there was “no noticeable change”, did you mean to amplify the sounds by 3 when you used Audacity?

Yes, after I amplified them the sound clips didn’t seem any louder during gameplay. I ended up going back in and messing with the gain and that seems to have fixed the issue.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back