Google+

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't want to be considered a fool (for lack of a better word that won't get me in trouble), why don't you stop posting your unjustified prejudice in this thread where it doesn't belong?

The main question of this thread was "What do you think?"

Last edited:
It's kinda Facebook and Twitter in one.

FACEBOOK is Facebook and Twitter in one! You can make "Tweets" on your Wall and spare yourself the need for another account on another website. I still don't see the point in Twitter; it's just a place where celebrities can make fools out of themselves with one wrong Tweet.

So for that matter, Google+ is kinda pointless too, and it only downplays GMail to being something for private conversations. Ay yi yi!

FACEBOOK is Facebook and Twitter in one! You can make "Tweets" on your Wall and spare yourself the need for another account on another website. I still don't see the point in Twitter; it's just a place where celebrities can make fools out of themselves with one wrong Tweet.

No.

Facebook is personal, Twitter is not. You wouldn't friend people you've never met before on Facebook, but on Twitter you follow all sorts.

Twitter has plenty of points, short and snappy updates for your followers, you get a lot of entertaining and interesting Tweets. It's also good from a social media perspective, I always register my organisation names on Twitter ASAP.

You do have to sit in front of an annoying small screen and tiny keypad though. Sharing photos is awkward/expensive and it is difficult/expensive/irritating to do a broadcast message like a facebook status. It is also incredibly less complex, and I mean that in a bad way.

Facebook-esque social networking is here to stay.

This, so much. As an owner of a smartphone I would quite happily scrap texting if none of my friends/family used it, I could just get a low text/minutes contract with a high data allowance and use email/Facebook/Skype for everything I need. MMS is indeed expensive and not included with a lot of plans, I know I sure as hell can't use it without an extra charge and yet I can still happily upload photos to Facebook and Twitter as I wish.

On another note, I have over 500 friends on Facebook, would I give them all my mobile number instead of using Facebook? Sure as hell no.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Cue
Facebook is personal, Twitter is not. You wouldn't friend people you've never met before on Facebook, but on Twitter you follow all sorts.

Twitter has plenty of points, short and snappy updates for your followers, you get a lot of entertaining and interesting Tweets. It's also good from a social media perspective, I always register my organisation names on Twitter ASAP.

If google is releasing G+ it must have features that are better or easier to use than Facebooks or Twitter's, otherwise what is the competition?

Originally Posted by Cue
Originally Posted by Cinefast
You do have to sit in front of an annoying small screen and tiny keypad though. Sharing photos is awkward/expensive and it is difficult/expensive/irritating to do a broadcast message like a facebook status. It is also incredibly less complex, and I mean that in a bad way.

Facebook-esque social networking is here to stay.

This, so much. As an owner of a smartphone I would quite happily scrap texting if none of my friends/family used it, I could just get a low text/minutes contract with a high data allowance and use email/Facebook/Skype for everything I need. MMS is indeed expensive and not included with a lot of plans, I know I sure as hell can't use it without an extra charge and yet I can still happily upload photos to Facebook and Twitter as I wish.

On another note, I have over 500 friends on Facebook, would I give them all my mobile number instead of using Facebook? Sure as hell no.

G+ should include an easy way to chat through phones...
Don't know for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back