possible thing for Wubi to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowyfox

Hee-Hawk! That's a Giradonk
So I was reinstalling Ubuntu 9.04,but I was getting 9.10. but I realized it wasn't working! the iso wasn't downloading So I thought if I put Wubi in the ISO's directory it will skip the downloading thingy! as it takes 1 minute,and an extra 15-30 minutes for the first run. but is it possible? also don't worry about me having bad connections (because now I do.) because I'm using the torrent. it's at like uh... 440+? I need to know.

ISO not downloading? Don't they have, like, a hundred different mirrors you can use?

Hmm, turns out that their download page automatically selects a random mirror. If it doesn't work, click the Download button again and it should give you a different one.

Nope,it's just wubi's connection.I downloaded the iso and it's taking MINUTES!Not uhh... hours.

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

and what are virtual disks. The last time I installed ubuntu it took seconds.

and what are virtual disks.
Disks that aren't real. That's why they're virtual!

Basically it's a big file that has a role of being a hard drive with partitions. So, it's a hard drive in your hard drive so you can hard drive while you hard drive.

Wubi is an installer that depends entirely on this method of installation for those inexperienced with or just paranoid of the partition manager that is part of the Ubuntu installation on Windows systems. Make sure you defrag in Windows after you install it, it would be a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back