Favorite and/or first RPG you've played

Lynk

The Black Hunter
I know that this may be a little "nerdy" question, but c'mon, everyone had to experience at least once an RPG, anyway, have fun putting your first and/or favorite RPG

Anyways,here are mines
First RPG: Super Mario RPG Legend of the 7 Stars (Super Nintendo, I've played this on my Computer if you're going to ask)
latest

Favorite RPG: Tales of Symphonia (Gamecube)
5112KAYK6AL._AC_SY445_.jpg

Last edited:
I cannot properly remember my first RPG because I barely played that kind of game when I was younger...

Is this question about pure, turn based ones or any kind of RPG as long as it's the major gameplay element (aka not action/adventure games with only some RPG elements in it)?

I would go with Phantasy Star Online as my favourite one

Phantasy_Star_Online_cover_art_jp.png

Last edited:
I cannot properly remember my first RPG because I barely played that kind of game when I was younger...

Is this question about pure, turn based ones or any kind of RPG as long as it's the major gameplay element (aka not action/adventure games with only some RPG elements in it)?

I would go with Phantasy Star Online as my favourite one

every RPG Counts,it doesn't matter,while is an RPG,everything is good

My first RPG was Pokemon Emerald when I got it that Christmas the year it came out. It was also my introduction to Pokemon as a whole. My favorite RPG though has to be Final Fantasy 7. I never played any serious RPGs back in the day until 2013, I stumbled across Final Fantasy 7 on Steam. I remember playing 4 on the DS prior and kinda liking it but never completed it because I thought it was too hard. Now, I love it! Gotta thank 7 for that and making me appreciate a genre of games that I can spend countless hours on in terms of gameplay and story.

Kinda curious on what other have to say. I'll definitely take any recommendations if you have them!

My First RPG was Earthbound which was at that time I started to love RPGs

I have 2 favorite RPG Games
Dragon Quest 8 (Both PS2 and 3DS)
Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky (All 3 Games)

Loh6_The_Legend_of_Heroes_Trails_in_the_Sky.jpg

I know Trails in the Sky! It was made by the same who made the Ys game (I love that serie a lot!)

My first RPGs would be the Pokémon games, though I mostly played the Mystery Dungeon spin-offs as I didn't (and still don't) like the mainline games. Nowadays though I'm more of an action/RPG person, with my favorite series being Borderlands.

I also play MMORPGs a lot. I should easily have a thousand hours in SWTOR.

My first RPGs would be the Pokémon games, though I mostly played the Mystery Dungeon spin-offs as I didn't (and still don't) like the mainline games. Nowadays though I'm more of an action/RPG person, with my favorite series being Borderlands.
Well I used to like Pokémon but I really prefer the spin-offs in general. I also love Mystery Dungeon games in general. Borderlands 3 seems like a disappointment sadly...

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of The Starry Skies, was the first *REAL* RPG I've ever properly played.

Recently picked it back up and started fresh. I am now Almost halfway through the game.

imgres

Smash is great to boost a series' popularity but DQ8 was also the first game for many people out there.

i want to play it so badly,but it's hard to find a Playstation 2 these days (but not only for Dragon Quest 8, but also for Persona 3 FES, Persona 4, Final Fantasy X and Tales of the Abyss)

i want to play it so badly,but it's hard to find a Playstation 2 these days (but not only for Dragon Quest 8, but also for Persona 3 FES, Persona 4, Final Fantasy X and Tales of the Abyss)
The PS2 is basically like a retro console nowadays. I wish Squarenix would re-release DQ8 on PC and modern console with an HD version (like for FFX) with some Quality of Life elements from the 3DS version.

The PS2 is basically like a retro console nowadays. I wish Squarenix would re-release DQ8 on PC and modern console with an HD version (like for FFX) with some Quality of Life elements from the 3DS version.

believe it or not,my first Dragon Quest was 4 on the DS (well...at least via DraStic)

61VQ6QD91FL._SY445_.jpg

DRAGON QUEST 8 WAS AND STILL THE BEST TURN BASE JRPG, don't at me, i played so many jrpg's and nothing gives you the avatar style adventure like DQ8 did

First RPG?

Super Paper Mario

Favorite?

Super Paper Mario

Now, let me explain.
An RPG isn't always "take turns like a good boy and girl". RPG stands for "role-playing game". A game with story. And Super Paper Mario is a story filled game. Because of this, Super Paper Mario is an RPG. And it's quite an RPG.

i have no idea which was my first RPG, but my favorite is debatable between any of the Earthbound games

the first one that i finished might be Undertale though, and my favorite Final Fantasy is X (wtf was that laughing thing) though VII is amazing too, i saw some videos that resume up the story in about 10 hours which is what i watched

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back